What is the going rate

What is the going rate for dehumidifier and blower rentals? I have a customer that gives me a lot of work. I was able to rent 3 dehumidifiers @ 50.00 per week for each dehu. The blowers are mine. I put 7 blowers and 3 dehumidifiers on a water damage job today. I really don't wont to charge this customer too much. I am going to charge them 250 for the dehumidifiers and 200 for the blowers. We had to pull quite a bit of pad and extract a lot of water. Took 3 hours to pull pad and suck water out. I am going to charge 250 for the water extraction.

I don't have to install pad and stretch the carpet. I am having another person do that. I know I am not charging nowhere near what I should be charging, but this customer spends quite a bit of money with me and I am going to let them know how much I just saved them. Anyways what is the going rate for blower and dehu rental? I believe the insurance company is paying. Should I just charge what anyone else would? What do you think?

I like that approach.

7 blowers @ 10.00 per day = 70x3 = 210
3 dehu @ 40 per day = 120 x 3 360
Water extraction pull pad = 250

Total = 820

Your price

7 blowers @ 25.00 per day = 175x3 = 525
3 dehu @ 125 per day = 375 = 1125
Extract water - pull pad = 300

total = 1950

savings = 1130 dollars and I am still making good money for 3 hours work, and I don't have to install pad unless I change my mind and decide to do that, which I would not do that cheap.

Writing up th ticket like this will look good.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Daniel,

you are accepting work that has a high degree of potential liability associated with it, you have purchased equipment that sometimes sits idle, and you are doing all this for no money. There are easier ways to go broke.

Back
Top Bottom