What is the most dependable truckmount for an owner/operator?

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Some

a bit over $1200 a month. Nothing down(by choice). 2015 Chevy loaded. Max blower and heat. 110 gal wasteFresh tanks, pump out, shelves, seal-a-door,titanium wand. Etc. oh yeah it's a 5 year complete buy.

For me having newer is better compared to my 17 year old electric unit which was labor intensive. I believe having new will increase my business if only because I'm motivated
Very Nice... Thanks for sharing! Seal a door is a funny one for me...Just curious...Is that about $60 for the van and unit and $12 for interest? Good Lord!!!

I guess you should get a total of a good 10 years out of the operation and for me would equate as an owner/operator of about 2000-2500 hours...That is working less and making more...LOL

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Very Nice... Thanks for sharing! Seal a door is a funny one for me...Just curious...Is that about $60 for the van and unit and $12 for interest? Good Lord!!!

I guess you should get a total of a good 10 years out of the operation and for me would equate as an owner/operator of about 2000-2500 hours...That is working less and making more...LOL
Not all of us have Las Vegas customers, so I'll put 5000hrs in my ten years while you enjoy your 2500hrs

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
How much you pay a month for that butler and for how long? A lot of people on this board have butlers, no one talks about how much they pay...

Better question: Do you think having newer reliable machinery at a "monthly cost" (like forever) is better than having something "free and clear"?
If I could go back to when we started with used equipment I would not.
I would buy a direct drive with all the features. Pump out, high heat electric reels, large tanks,
The ability to handle any job will pay for the monthly expense.

We have purchased 4 new trucks sense 2008. 3 CDS Hydramsters and a small prochem we keep as a back up or 4th truck lots of days. They are all payed for.
Our 2008 will be replaced in 2018. The two 2013's in 2023.
The units run about $1000 month for a straight purchase. I like to buy on a 7 year payment plan and then pay off early.
I am anticipating a new unit will run just under 65k and my used units will sell for $15-$18k depending on the current market.

This has been a great thread. I am no mechanic we want units to be as problem free as possible. We also have employees in them every day.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Tom, I think you hit the nail on the head. Going with brand new equipment with all the options you need and making sure that it is the least complicated to run for your employees, makes it easier for them to do their job and for you to get out there and bring more work in.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I'm with @hogjowl .......Www.truckmounts.com.

I see machines come through that shop that have been run so far into the ground and they are still going strong.
I know many will think I am plugging them because I now work there but the fact is, I never recommend something I don't believe in wholeheartedly. And what I have seen and heard of these machines is nothing but good. Even better is the fact that I know who stands behind them. Were I to open another cleaning biz and buy a TM I would absolutely buy a TCS machine. I love the simplicity, longevity and power of them.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm with @hogjowl .......Www.truckmounts.com.

I see machines come through that shop that have been run so far into the ground and they are still going strong.
I know many will think I am plugging them because I now work there but the fact is, I never recommend something I don't believe in wholeheartedly. And what I have seen and heard of these machines is nothing but good. Even better is the fact that I know who stands behind them. Were I to open another cleaning biz and buy a TM I would absolutely buy a TCS machine. I love the simplicity, longevity and power of them.
Have you seen the Chief 2 Diesel up close yet? How much quieter is it than the 2cylinder gas burners? And the size of that blower...What other truck mount would you compare the specs to on it?

Chris A

Name
Chris
With regards to not idling up on occasion and having to restart and reset the brake, yes. Both myou hydramaster cds and pro 1200se do this

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
my $10,000 Steam Genie PTO Direct drives WERE the cats ass......i know of three still running great after TWENTY YEARS of dependable service....and dont forget Chris Lees that jus hit SEVEN YEARS......i truly feel sorry for a lot of yous that missed out!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

benjam99

For my hm cds the idling down was due to an adapter that had to be put in for the cd player I installed. As soon as I removed that stupid little box it was back to the races.

In the 3 years I've had mine I did finally just have a breakdown. There is a grease zerk on the pto driveline that didn't get greased, so I had a u-joint go out.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Tom King. It's now 2018. Did you get 15-18k
If I could go back to when we started with used equipment I would not.
I would buy a direct drive with all the features. Pump out, high heat electric reels, large tanks,
The ability to handle any job will pay for the monthly expense.

We have purchased 4 new trucks sense 2008. 3 CDS Hydramsters and a small prochem we keep as a back up or 4th truck lots of days. They are all payed for.
Our 2008 will be replaced in 2018. The two 2013's in 2023.
The units run about $1000 month for a straight purchase. I like to buy on a 7 year payment plan and then pay off early.
I am anticipating a new unit will run just under 65k and my used units will sell for $15-$18k depending on the current market.

This has been a great thread. I am no mechanic we want units to be as problem free as possible. We also have employees in them every day.
Just dying to know if you got your price for each of your 10 yr old van/machines. If so, have I got a deal for you in the equipment resale business.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I just bought another TM with the Nissan A15 fuel injected, 4 cylinder, water cooler engine. Unfortunately, they quit making them but you can still find the used.

The new prochem 650's with the Hyundai engines might be good and someone told me he can get parts at any Hyundai dealer.

I'm not a Hyundai engine fan cuz the have zero portion / valve tolerance and a slipped timing belt will result in thousands in repairs and downtime. If you go Hyundai it's mandatory timing belt replacement every 2k hours at a cost of about 600 buck. Unless you do it yourself

Mikey P

Administrator
I just bought another TM with the Nissan A15 fuel injected, 4 cylinder, water cooler engine. Unfortunately, they quit making them but you can still find the used.

The new prochem 650's with the Hyundai engines might be good and someone told me he can get parts at any Hyundai dealer.

I'm not a Hyundai engine fan cuz the have zero portion / valve tolerance and a slipped timing belt will result in thousands in repairs and downtime. If you go Hyundai it's mandatory timing belt replacement every 2k hours at a cost of about 600 buck. Unless you do it yourself

Chavez, dat true?

FredC

Village Idiot
all hyundai engines are interference engines.....the everest 650 manual list a timing belt replacement at 2 years/2000 hours whichever comes first

so yeah...true

the a15 is an interference engine too afaik but uses a chain so not really an issue

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
It's true. Have the timing belt changed at 1950 hours, not one minute past 2k, or else your plucked! Factor that maintenance cost into ownership.

Sapphire needs to find an engine with a timing chain instead of a rubber band. Unless it's their strategy to keep the ditsy shops busy at the expense of the poor carpet cleaner.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
It's true. Have the timing belt changed at 1950 hours, not one minute past 2k, or else your plucked! Factor that maintenance cost into ownership.

Sapphire needs to find an engine with a timing chain instead of a rubber band. Unless it's their strategy to keep the ditsy shops busy at the expense of the poor carpet cleaner.

Come on over to the Vegas Mikey's Fest on January 16th

I have something to show you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom