• Total voters
M

MB Auctions

Vote in poll!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We have cleaned a lot of carpet with cimex and a lot of carpet, wood, tile, stone with the Orbot.

I would pick the Orbot for what we can do with it. Polishing stone and cleaning wood as well as prescrub for hwe or encap or padcap.

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
How about the Carpet Max from Bonnet Pro. That would be the ultimate machine, with two bonnet heads and fifteen gallon solution tank, and it's battery powered. We use the Cimex and 175's ourselves, but that monster would cover some ground fast.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Although I love my Big Yella Mex; it is still not able to do all things, especially with residential.

My Hos Sprayborg is too long in the handle & too bulky with the solution tank for awkward commercial cleaning for tight areas where the Cimex shines, even though it's width is narrower, but is great on residential.

A two speed 175 has safety factors that the above do not have.

Most of the others are not available down under, so I can't comment.:biggrin: :pig:

:very_drunk:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
tough question. the Cimex has made me so much $ but only good on CGD. at least an OP can handle resi. but then what about warranty issues:confused: so that leaves a CRB, which for me isn't good for resi.

so for warranty's ya gotta go CRB and i pick Trio. for best results in resi i reckon an OP and i've only experience with Orbot. so i voted Other :p

Lefty724

Name
E
Orbot all day. Can do commercial and residential and looks the most professional IMO.

By adding weights and a brush, you can also tackle hard surface as well.

HOS also has the best customer service of all the OP companies I have dealt with.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
Orbot all day. Can do commercial and residential and looks the most professional IMO.

By adding weights and a brush, you can also tackle hard surface as well.

HOS also has the best customer service of all the OP companies I have dealt with.

My thoughts exactly!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
This is good timing. I'm about ready to buy something. Cimex, OP or CRB.

I really like the idea of a CRB being multi purpose using it for pre-scrub, vac, and encapping and it being warranty friendly but I have my doubts to it being a very good stand alone encap machine and I have a 175 and sebo for pre-scrub so that's not the main priority.

I like the idea of an OP being suitable for commercial and some vlm residential type stuff. Sometimes I have to clean these vacation rental condos and they have one family checking out at 10-11 and another checking in at 3-4, by the time I have to wait on housekeeping to finish it doesn't leave a lot of time for drying especially considering they are highrises a so I have to use the portable. That said I'd rather straight encap some of this commercial work and I don't know how an OP does without some sort of absorbing bonnet? Also not sure how good an OP would be for prr-scrub?

That leads to Cimex. Its the one is feel most comfortable buying to encap commercial carpet and knowing it can do a great job. The only downside to it for me is commercial carpet is probably all I would use it for, I doubt it would be able to replace my 175 as a pre-scrubber, there for it would not be able to earn a permanent spot in the van, which I fear would cause me to not get much use from it.

Everything said and done I'm leaning toward Cimex but would certainly like to have all three someday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Buy all 3 like some of have than you'll always have a tool for the right job.

Name
Damon
I agree with Floorguy, Zee and Gman. HOS Orbot works great. Very versatile for sure. Not sure if the on board sprayer is as effective as a shower feed on cgd though.

Regardless, I voted and checked the last option for 'Other'. IMO VLM requires more than one tool in most every instance.

At minimum you need a vacuum and I think most everyone agrees with that. And in other situations CRB + Rotary/OP.

Name
Damon
You might want to consider the Oreck Lowboy with wheel kit along with a CRB.

You'll have two tools and even with the two combined will still cost less than a brand new Orbot, Trinity or Whittaker.

Unless you find them all used of course....

This is good timing. I'm about ready to buy something. Cimex, OP or CRB.

I really like the idea of a CRB being multi purpose using it for pre-scrub, vac, and encapping and it being warranty friendly but I have my doubts to it being a very good stand alone encap machine and I have a 175 and sebo for pre-scrub so that's not the main priority.

I like the idea of an OP being suitable for commercial and some vlm residential type stuff. Sometimes I have to clean these vacation rental condos and they have one family checking out at 10-11 and another checking in at 3-4, by the time I have to wait on housekeeping to finish it doesn't leave a lot of time for drying especially considering they are highrises a so I have to use the portable. That said I'd rather straight encap some of this commercial work and I don't know how an OP does without some sort of absorbing bonnet? Also not sure how good an OP would be for prr-scrub?

That leads to Cimex. Its the one is feel most comfortable buying to encap commercial carpet and knowing it can do a great job. The only downside to it for me is commercial carpet is probably all I would use it for, I doubt it would be able to replace my 175 as a pre-scrubber, there for it would not be able to earn a permanent spot in the van, which I fear would cause me to not get much use from it.

Everything said and done I'm leaning toward Cimex but would certainly like to have all three someday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
M

MB Auctions

Let me just say this

The more action this poll and thread gets

The grander the prize may be...

Oh my!

Mike are you saying there might, may possible be a give A way of one of these machines if there if the poll results show we have more than 6 people here who scrub and run ?

Mikey P

Administrator
I know click the Choose one/ Poll option is tough work folks but...

it may be worth it to one very lucky member..

or not.

lets find out.

Back
Top Bottom