What is the worse profession to work for?

Mikey P

Administrator
Contractors are a real pita.

Drives em nuts paying me $250 an hour.

Their wives hire me, hubby sees the bill and has wife call back to bitch about the it.

or they want a total beak down of costs, materials and labor.

Scruz has more glorified handymen per capita than homeless hippies.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Doctors or a Chiropractor that thinks they are a doctor and know every thing about carpet cleaning too.

I agree with the contractors, they think they are special and you are a janitor. I love when they find out that I left construction because whole months without working thing.

I just talked with my old boss from my last job and the guy that was hired 3 months atfer me was laid off last year and still has not found work.

I love my job

-JB-

Name
JB
Psychiatrists, and psychologists HANS DOWN, they ALL have screws loose IMO.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we do a lot of high level executives and they all think that they are entitled to more than anyone else..
cant stand to pay me my wages that pretty much equal theirs, it kills them..i have even had a few make comments
that they should have skipped the 10 years of school and the 80hrs a week they work and open a carpet business..

dgargan

I'm with Mikey. My guys cleaned the home of a contractor a few weeks ago. His wife hired us and was very pleased with the work. The next day the contractor calls back and he had "remeasured" the square footage and came up with 37 sq feet less than our guys did and he wanted a refund for the difference. ($12.21) I just agreed to refund it rather thab go our and having a pissing match on how to measure.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The little old ladies who cover their houses with rugs "to keep the carpet from wearing" then want you to do all 40 rugs for free because you are there to clean their carpet. They are always nice and offer you cookies or other little homemade treats and milk or tea or coffee..... I'm a sucker for old folks.

Of course the rugs cause more damage to the carpet than the foot traffic, especially the harsh jute backed or rubber backed ones (they are always the cheap rugs they pick up at neighbor's estate sales).

I bet Greenie remembers the worst offender, the old guy used to give him homemade beef jerky that was so salty it was almost inedible!

LOL....ah memories.

Take care,
Lisa

Greenie

Damn right I rememebr that nasty jerky...but the salted roasted nuts were just as bad....always MADE me "taste" em, so he could watch my "joy".... and yea, I hated the 40 rugs too.

I love the "edumacated" types that think it's okay for them to charge $250/hr but damn sure the rest of the world shouldn't....and yea I've received the...I should have skipped 10 yrs. of school and just opened a .....

I always wanted to tell one, I gave up my practice, this is a lot more fun and pays better.....just for the reaction if nothing else.
Being I'm 40 now...I just might try that in the future....wouldn't have worked so good as a youngin'

ps: This has always been a pet peave, what part of Dental College assures them they are good business people, people people, and leaders who can run a staff? And What makes a Dr. think he's got what it takes to run a "business"?

Most Cleaners are just happy with their Good Paying Job, and don't walk the high and mighty...My business is more superior than your job road.

Bjorn

KARpET kLEANers

they all like to talk about how much money they make but then when it time for one to part with a few bucks they try and beat you down like an east indian motel owner

duckster

I imagine working for the Taliban as a suicide bomber is the worst.

A close second might be feeding a great white by hand, arm, foot, leg.

Just thinking, but those two would be at the top of my list.

randy

Name
Randy
Contractors are definitely a number 1 in this category. It was for a time anyone working in the tech field. More than once I heard, "well I don't make that and I work in the tech field". My standard response was always well we have a great training program if you need to get into something more lucreative.

The worlds worst customer is my youngest sister. She really thinks she knows allot about cleaning carpet. Sometimes she will be re cleaning imaginary spots when I come back inside from the van. While I'm at it here is a story I have to tell you guys.

A few years ago I stopped by to see my two year old niece and take her a Dairy queen surprise. I was on my way to a part of town that is a bit scary at night for a 6-7 hour job, so I'm carrying my weapon. My gun hating sister starts in with her standard, "what are you crazy, what if that went off and killed someone ! Somebody could bump into you and it could accidentally go off. "

My little niece walks over to me with her ice cream covered face and smacks the side of my holster just as hard as her little hand can. She waits maybe 15 seconds, and looks at my sister while shaking her head and say, " no mommy". Immediately she is again focused on her ice cream till she asks, " Uncle Wandy why is your gun green ? " My sister tells her they turn black once they have been fired, LOL.

My sister thinks she is a expert on firearms too. :roll:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Doctors from India treat you like servants and Chinese restaurants when they forget how to talk english when it's time to pay up.

Greenie

We have Dr's that aren't from India? :shock:

I thought it was required you be born in India to work at Kaiser.

ps:
I know some dumbass will think it's racial, just shut up and find a little humor...geez.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
commercial clients that don't have the place ready for you like they said they would...

residential clients that think they are doing you a favor and removing everything out of the areas to be cleaned and stack everything in the damn hall way or in front of the door...

Arrogant rich people.....

Just plane stupid people.....

3kb3pd3lc5Oc5Td5Pc9bjd0239e91e9431c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom