What is this on my blower, and how do i fix it?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I think this is a pressure release valve on my blower.... When we are cleaning. I get a loud shhhhh noise coming out of it and air i think. It moves back and forth and comes on and goes off... I put wd40 down in it. anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

47df45b6.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I am pretty sure it is NANCY PELOSIE's..."DiApHrAm"... :roll:

Just kidding ....it is your vacuum release... :!:

However you are in the WRONG ROOM... :shock: ...move this thread to the clean room.. :idea:

Greenie

Are you absolutely positive nobody has "adjusted" it recently?

Since you neve heard the wooosh before, I suspect it has been loosened recently.

Check it, put your hand over the hose and block the vacuum and look at your vac gauge, how high doe the needle read in HG under full block off....and how fast did it jump to that point?

As an afterthought...you did say you hit it with some WD-40....was that the first time ever? Did you spray it before or after your tech said he was "losing vac"?

Cold have been binding and sticking....did you ever check your vac level (like above) Before?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
i did spray it once before (1 month ago only because TCS told me to) gauge was going to 18. and wd40 fixed it. do i need to drive an hour to nashville and get it fixed

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
weak spring........
dirty
you just never noticed it shhhhhhh before......

run your machine and hook up 100 ft of hose and stand but you van and put you hand over the end of the hose...it should shhhh the entire time you have it closed off and see what you vacuum gauge is reading.......

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Joey,

It looks like a new machine...Look in your manual..for vacuum release adjustment...

The spring puts tension on the plate...to maintain the proper vacuum in your blower...

If the vacuum in the blower gets to high in the blower...? it pull the plate down & releases
the pressure on the blower....Its function is to regulate how strong you vac pressure is...
With the your small blower...It should not start to hiss or open...untill you reach about 12HG
on your vac guage...!

If you want to understand how it works...Hook up 50ft of your vac hose..crank the machine..
Then put yor hand over the end of the hose...You will hear it start to hiss...!!!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If your relief valve is working properly and you feel there is less vacuum than before make sure all filters are clean and there are no restrictions in your wand or hoses.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Good point shane.....!!!

Joey,

I doubt the vac release is out of adjustment ....It looks too new...

If the release is opening pre-maturly....Check the filters in your waste tank...
clogged wand...or collasped vac hose...!!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
why wouldn't you WANT all the vacuum possible.....the only weak point is the waste tank....and if it is built right....
go for all the vacuum you can get!

Greenie

18"hg

Probably been sticking from day one.

Although the dirty tank filter is a good point.

They may LOOK clean, as a diagnostic, unscrew the intank blower filter, put lid back on tank and fire up machine, if vacuum improves and vac gauge has a LOWER setting under block off, you know your filter is crap, order a new Flo-Ezy.

now you know.

As for the valve, just keep it lubed, and actuate it daily to make sure it's moving smoothly.

Then...maybe''..think about replacing it with a 2" Bayco down the road.

Quick question, the valve is threaded into a T off your blower, the valve is 2", is the T 2.5" or larger or is it also 2"?

What size is the hose from blower to waste tank?

Greenie

There is a clue there in your own words.
removing the in-tank filter once a month and power washing it out is just good maint. and will assure you will never have a SEIZE problem as well.

Also remember the filter is under vacuum, you do not need and should not tighten the filter into the coupling, just finger tight with a some Anti-seize compound brushed on the threads will do the trick...it's not gonna vibrate off and fall into your tank....lol

ps: this is a good time to do the knee-high panty hose trick over the top of the filter, keeps the pleats from loading up with lint and hair, keeps the crap on the surface where you can see it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, I tried to adjust the pressure and nothing really happens. The filter in the tank will nto screw off to check so.........

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If you've never has that filter off you really need to. In the meantime, what does it look like? Is it covered with crud? Take scrub brush and clean it up as much as you can. Just a dry brush will do a lot.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I doubt the relief valve came loose on its own, as it appears that is a lock-nut on the threaded part of the relief valve.

Check those vacuum filters, and also check for any possible obstruction in the vacuum hose, or hose barbs on the machine.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i make my filters slide onto 2 7/8" stainless they jus slip off an' on real easy.....i don get the pantyhose thing....my SS Genie filter has gone EIGHT years so far.............rinse from ....

inside!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom