joe harper
THIS PICTURE.............................. :shock:

S4011011.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
BINGO................. :!: :!: :!:

I am going to CRY........... :cry:

My son told me last week it was starting to grind...I told him to give it a shot of grease..

Worked fine..then he said it started again.. :? So I pulled it apart...removed all the old grease.

Did a very complete service.. Did an are rug in the office."Great.. :D

He calls me friday..and says after the 3rd of 5 rugs...IT WAS STARTING TO WOBBLE... :!:

4th rug....SNAP..... :evil:

I WAS PISSED...I said one of you little basturds ..Has dropped this machine..!!!!!
They all said NO WAY...I have checked the entire machine for signs of "Rough-housing"

NOT a SCRATCH anywhere.. :roll: I guess the cast ..POS..just FATIUGED.... :x

I have NOT cleaned this machine..This is the way it came off the truck..! I am a "PRICK"
about equipment maintaince..!!!!!!!!!! DAMMIT... :x

S4011012.jpg

S4011014.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
There are some places that can weld cast iron, not sure about cast aluminum.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I guess the boys were telling the truth...You can see where the cast failed...

I don't know if you can see in the pic..BUt there is a shiney area in the middle of the
crack...this has been going to happen for a while... :roll:

S4011016.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Porosity,this happens in the casting process. It normally goes unseen.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Don't know... i bought it used...on mickeys board... :shock:
It has been a good unit..NOT the guys fault.!!! this is a DEFECT from the factory.. :x

Can one of the Distys here ...respond to this post... :?:

I realize there is NO warranty..
But have YOU seen this before..?
Can it be repaired..?
How much is a new frame..?
Does anyone have a JUNK machine...with a GOOD frame to sell..?

We only use this unit for area rugs on HARD surfaces...."It is a MONEY MAKER for us..!"

I don't think ..I can epoxy & plate the crack...due to clearance issues..and brittle cast issues..

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: What is WRONG with this....GuRu Needed..!

HELP....................

One of you GURU's....Has to have some IdEa'S.... :eek:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Harper check your local Jon Don for ideas or to see if hydra master might consider replacing/repairing it. Otherwise I'd check with hydrmaster diret and then if all else fails, take it to your local metal shop. If its aluminum they may be able to tig weld it back together and gring it down. If its pot metal it will more difficult though I suspect it is aluminum and you are correct. Crystalization of the metal causing the crack is a defect.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
sweendogg said:
Harper check your local Jon Don for ideas or to see if hydra master might consider replacing/repairing it. Otherwise I'd check with hydrmaster diret and then if all else fails, take it to your local metal shop. If its aluminum they may be able to tig weld it back together and gring it down. If its pot metal it will more difficult though I suspect it is aluminum and you are correct. Crystalization of the metal causing the crack is a defect.

Sweeney...

when your DADDY...runs you off....I have a truck with YOUR NAME ON IT.... :D

You are absolutly...1 smart young MAN...I know your Father is a Proud Man.... :!:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Re: What is WRONG with this....GuRu Needed..!

HARPER said:
HELP....................

One of you GURU's....Has to have some IdEa'S.... :eek:

Um you could search the Boards ( just look up White Magic ) for some tips on how to rant and in a year or two you'll assuredly become an "industry leader"...........................

:mrgreen:

G

HARPER said:
We only use this unit for area rugs on HARD surfaces...."It is a MONEY MAKER for us..!"

If it's a "MONEY MAKER" go buy another one.....are you a cheap ass like MARTha suTlee???

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Long Duk Dong said:
HARPER said:

If it's a "MONEY MAKER" go buy another one.....are you a cheap ass like MARTha suTlee???

HOW many times is it gona take.."NED".. :roll:

You can't be talkin to HillBiLLy'S like ThAt.... :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RRdRGkmszI

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Someone may not have dropped it but my guess is just taking it up and down steps could easily cause the the casting to fail over time. There's a fair amount of wait hanging off the front and every time it sets down on the next step there is a more force added. Just my thoughts on the cause, doubt it can repaired and last very long.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
You may want to consider just replacing the frame/base for around $ 600.00
Welding cast aluminum, with porosity already suspected, without dimensional distortion can get pricey and "iffy", and you would still be hoping that it wouldn't break again.

000-055-156 FRAME,LOWER HANDLE & BASE - PAINTED - RDM MSRP $599.00 + shipping

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shawn Forsythe said:
Welding cast aluminum, with porosity already suspected, without dimensional distortion can get pricey and "iffy", and you would still be hoping that it wouldn't break again.

That would be my solution to the problem. Unless you can find a scrap one for parts, there is no viable brokedick solution.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Shawn Forsythe said:

See finally shawn gives the great answer from the industry experts. We humble cc don't have have access to the that info.. Obviously if that is the price of a frame, that is the best option!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Harper I have 2 in my showroom used that are in working order. I am selling them for a customer. He wants $800 for each of them. You can have the best one for $800 plus shipping and then you'll have lots of spare parts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom