What is Your Business Model?

rick imby

Name
Rick
The changing business models and the banter about BIG trucks and portys, Subs at 35%, subs at 50%, gives everyone reason to evaluate their business plan.

I am sure Mikey's jump to the big V made others on this board realize it is possible to make big payments from a one or two man operation.

It also has made many realize they can raise their prices and not effect the customer as much as it effects your bottom line.

When Mikey sells the V and just has a Judson or two do you think he will make more money? Or will he lower his prices to match his lower overhead--I didn't say big head--.

Porky has been in business long enough to make Vortex size mistakes and not be in the welfare line. In fact the excitement that surrounded his Vortex and that he finally had something cool was probably enough to boost his business enough to make the payments. It probably gave him the confidence to raise his prices enough to easily pay for the extra costs of the V.

I find it interesting that so many different models continue to work. Paying the subs 35 percent and being able to get them to work. Some of the subs running truckmounts and staying in business--working for Cole--amazes me. It is obvious that his company is satisfying a lot of customers and subs. He has a lot of repeat customers and he has a lot of long term subs.

Then Snow running New $50,000 Butlers with employees and low per job prices. He is paying the employees about the same percentage as the subs make for Cole. Snow also has a lot of long term employees and customers. His $50,000 investment in each Butler would captialize 7-12 porty teams at $4,000 to 6,000 each.

Several different business models work. What is your business Model? Are you planning on changing your business model shortly?

What is the first step in stepping up? Customer Tracking? Getting the owner off the truck? Taking a day off?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
First thing is working to get the owner off the truck but that incompasses plenty of other details.

I believe the constant change of a company is very important for growth. Not just drastic changes like going from employees to subs or going from High end work to volume...just changing with the times to better create work for you business.

I'm thinking of new things everyday...or at least trying....some suck...ok most suck...but I get a few good ideas here and there.

To answer the question...."What is your business model?"

I'm a marketing company that helps carpet cleaners and other service providers find work...as much work as I possibly can because my income depends on producing results unlike Yellow Pages etc.. For some I find customers and for others I just find jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom