What is your minimum service charge?

hanks75

Do you have different minimums, one for tile, one for upholstery, one for carpet, or just one flat across the board minimum service fee for all?

Billy

Name
BH
We have different minimum charges depending on distance & services but our lowest charge for anything is $200.00

We also now charge for some Residential Estimates & almost all Commercial Estimates.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
bout the same...

i always have a invisible line on there called PITA and i adjust accordingly

John Watson

Helen and I charge $125.00 and up depending on distance.

If a reg client calls with a spot or spill and we are in the area or they can wait till we are, we do adjust from $60.00 to 85.00.

Chris A

Name
Chris
$90 within our normal service distance, $125 outside the counties we normally service

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
$250, I will not fire up my boxxer for anything less.

I could have every one of your customers in a month.

What do you do if a customer wants two rooms cleaned that are 200 sq ft with king size beds in them?

I hope you were kidding.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
my minimum was $35.00..of course my jobs were ALL witin a 3 mi radius...
and usually they would add extra rms.... and MOST of the times i would get referals from some small insignificant job...
i landed my BEST commercial property job....
from a minimum job that i ALMOST didn't go on!

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
$125 but $200 sounds good.
Billy said:
We have different minimum charges depending on distance & services but our lowest charge for anything is $200.00

We also now charge for some Residential Estimates & almost all Commercial Estimates.
Billy how do you tell them there is a charge for Estimates and how much is it ?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
$75 but because i use my car to quote jobs, less miles on the van. usually upsell so about $100 after im done on a normal minimum job.

danielc said:

What do you do if a customer wants two rooms cleaned that are 200 sq ft with king size beds in them?

I hope you were kidding.

I will throw in some protector to offset the price.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
danielc said:

I hope you were kidding.
You better have the same service to back that up Daniel. You may get them once, but not the second time. Some people will pay the higher price because they KNOW they are getting what they pay for.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:
danielc said:
[quote="Mountain View Carpet Care":3nmm4yds]$250, I will not fire up my boxxer for anything less.

I hope you were kidding.
You better have the same service to back that up Daniel. You may get them once, but not the second time. Some people will pay the higher price because they KNOW they are getting what they pay for.[/quote:3nmm4yds]

yup SOME...

quiet frankly in this worlds economy, I dont wanna waste the time looking for them...+ most of them add to the PITA factor

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
danielc said:

I hope you were kidding.

From all your past posts Daniel- I doubt it very much.

$169 here for what we call "easy access" $219 for portable jobs or third floor and up.
If the client expects us to lose money on working for them- they do not have much respect for what we do.
I'd rather work for people that understand that there is a cost for doing business regardless of how small the job is.

For existing good clients that need a small job and not regularly, I'll discount to $99.00 and make sure it happens every once in a blue moon. I do not want it to become a habit.

If you give them excellent service and develop a good working relationship, they understand. And 99.9% of the time, they do not have a problem with that.
That 0.1%, I am more than willing to give up.

-JB-

Name
JB
No min.

A 59.99 "basic cleaning fee" (service chg) then whatever cleaning on top of that.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
$97.50

I usually recommend doing more than a spot or two since we are there. The first $97.50 could clean about 200-250sqft of carpet.

So in case of a spill/accident in a family room, the minimum charge could clean the whole room. Custy feels better, I feel better, everyone wins!

Ryan

$350 for VCT (cause the time you spend letting a small job dry will eat you alive) , unless its apartments that I do regularly.

$65 for anything in my town or the next one over. $95 for anything that requires a drive.

$125 for Tile & Grout because its more of a PITA to get everything set up.

If its some old lady and I'm slow I've done jobs as low as $45 though. Like bawb said those people usually end up being your best referrals for some reason.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Danielc doesn't believe in minimum charges that don't add up to rooms(?) Like that is all we are carpet cleaners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom