What kind of credit card do you pay for your fuel with?

Mikey P

Administrator
Costco has a American Express card offering 4% back on fuel purchases but a steep APR if you're late.

Do any of the airline mile cards still really pay off?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Re: What kind of credit card do you pay for your fule with?

I don't use a credit card. I have a local station that fills my vans and I write a check once a month. That way no gas goes into the cleaning techs minivan or friends car. The gas company loves it because they don't have the credit card fees to pay.

Cameron1

We gave up on Delta sky miles because it got to the point that the black outs were bigger than the available seats.

Now use a card that gives 2% back on all purchases. We get the option of cash or gift cards,so every truck has their own card in the lead techs name with credit limit.

We charge just about every thing that we can.....then use the gift cards as bonuses for the guys and/or unhappy clients.

Bass Pro Rewards credit card here.

I get hundreds of dollars in free stuff from a great store every year.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

I use a Shell card, they pay 5% each month as a reduction on your bill (for Shell purchaces only). I had a BP card and they would send a 5% check each year until one year I had $500 racked up on rebate (in the winter when I needed it) and they cancelled the card and refused to pay the $500 (because I didn't have a card). They ****** me out of the rebate. Don't get a BP card.

Gary T

I get 5% cah back on gas from everywhere with the Costco Executive Business membership Amex card. The fees are high if you're late, so don't be late :p . Its that way with any card though.

Walt

Costco Amex.

It's nice to get money back. For other purchases we use Chase and get airline miles. Two tickets to Maui sure sounds good in January.

Gary Taylor

Southwest airlines visa works well for us. Normally get four round trip tickets a year.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
chase i get money back on everything. i have a friend with the amex and miles and we fly first class with the miles. no blackout dates .

gene

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
floorguy said:
Mike Draper said:
A debit card. I dont believe in credit cards.

ditto, except for the not beliveing in CC :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

With some potential upcoming changes to how we must file our taxes (starting next year) - you credit card haters might want to rethink that position - really rethink that position - you can thank Obama care for this.

Section 9006 of the healthcare bill, a few sentences in the over 2400 page document, requires you to file a 1099 for ANY and EVERY vendor you spend over $600, or you lose the write off.

All you disty's out there better get ready for it too.

You have to issue it for individuals and even to corporations.

From what I have read, purchases on a credit card can be exempt from having to file a 1099 on >$600/yr.

The real problem lies in having your vendors return the w-9 you must send them in order to 1099 them. Like every gs station you use - you are going to have to do legwork just to find out where to send the w-9's.

I think this is something that should have it's own thread, so I'll repost it that way.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Petro Canada Masterbate- reward points, and about 10 cents a gallon off. You can use your points to get another 20 cents a gallon off.

Mikey P said:
Costco has a American Express card offering 4% back on fuel purchases but a steep APR if you're late.

Do any of the airline mile cards still really pay off?

Amex is allowing a balance now? I have a Amex business card, MUST be paid in full by the end of the month. My bank Visa is 5.50% interest, no rewards.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
Mike Draper said:

Your debit card with a visa logo can still have a rewards program....Chase was doing this but I just received notice that it will be canceled. But I still get the points that I racked up.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
indyallpro said:
floorguy said:
Mike Draper said:

With some potential upcoming changes to how we must file our taxes (starting next year) - you credit card haters might want to rethink that position - really rethink that position - you can thank Obama care for this.

Section 9006 of the healthcare bill, a few sentences in the over 2400 page document, requires you to file a 1099 for ANY and EVERY vendor you spend over $600, or you lose the write off.

All you disty's out there better get ready for it too.

You have to issue it for individuals and even to corporations.

From what I have read, purchases on a credit card can be exempt from having to file a 1099 on >$600/yr.

The real problem lies in having your vendors return the w-9 you must send them in order to 1099 them. Like every gs station you use - you are going to have to do legwork just to find out where to send the w-9's.

I'm going to send a w-9 to every vendor this November with a note, if you want my business as of Jan 1 - I have to have this back.

I think this is something that should have it's own thread, so I'll repost it that way.

Didn't the overturn that? Not sure where I heard but I think they changed that back.
I'll have to check it out.

S

sam miller

Costco Amex love the 4 percent but its limited to up to $6000.00 after that no discount. Thats still a $240.00 savings, over 2 free tanks of gas.

PS pay it monthly approx 21% interest on unpaid balance.

Lora Olson

One with a friggin large credit limit. John just bought a Dodge Cummings 2500 in Dec. Have you seen the price of Diesel??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Lora Olson said:
One with a friggin large credit limit. John just bought a Dodge Cummings 2500 in Dec. Have you seen the price of Diesel??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is your shoe still implanted in his ass ??

Lora Olson

ha! ha! I signed the papers too! :p

But you know he gives me plenty of other reasons to plant my foot there! :shock:

It's the only car I've seen him in, where his head isn't hitting the roof. It must be uncomfortable to be so tall sometimes!! :mrgreen:

Lora Olson

Hoody said:
I'm sure you'll find a way to enjoy it.... hows the 4-wheeler trailer coming along?? :p

If you mean the re-painting...nothing. The guys in the shop are too busy! :( But that is a good thing too! :)

clean one

Diesel is 4.00 a gallon around here, i have a F-350 crew cab 4x4 we just love riding in it. I have been thinking about trying a 3.31 gear ratio. just wondering if that give me worth the fuel mileage it has 3.73 getting 20 - 21 on highway driving the speed limit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom