What kind of discount would you expect?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
When buying a whole rig from a local supplier.
Slide in, all the tools, extra hoses, a bunch of chemicals, a portable, water softner +++

What kind of discount (%) would you expect?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
When I bought my last unit, they threw in a chemical package worth $500. Also took 10% off of any additional chemicals and as well as some other accessories. Found out later they didn't charge me for a few other things as well. Told them about that and never did get a bill for them either! :D Really wasn't expecting a discount as felt had a pretty deal in the first place.

-JB-

Name
JB
personally IDGAS about a discount, what I want is to KNOW that if there is a issue w/a product of chem., it will be resolve in the fashion I would resolve it, if I were in charge.

THAT is a hard find.

usually.

Chris A

Name
Chris
JB said:
personally IDGAS about a discount, what I want is to KNOW that if there is a issue w/a product of chem., it will be resolve in the fashion I would resolve it, if I were in charge.

THAT is a hard find.

usually.

Unless you live in the Mid Atlantic States... or Ohio. shiteatinggrin

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Most deals if there was a discount were along what Doug stated. Few discount the machine, most give you a chem package and or discount on other purchases.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I usually have a line of 3 or 4 dealers trying to sell me a unit so hard that they offer me the world.

TCS practically gave me my last unit and offered to send Chan along with the deal.

I declined the Chan offer.

Chris A

Name
Chris
admiralclean said:
I usually have a line of 3 or 4 dealers trying to sell me a unit so hard that they offer me the world.

TCS practically gave me my last unit and offered to send Chan along with the deal.

I declined the Chan offer.

Now your luck selling machines, on the other hand...

rick imby

Name
Rick
When I'm dealing with friends I investigate the item. I bought a used vehicle lately from a friend.

With a big purchase that may or may not need service like a TM I would probably already know the asking price. After fully checking it out I tell them what I am thinking and comparing it to.

I want to know delivery time.

Then I say give me your best price --I will not be coming back and asking for a lower price and i don't---and I will make a decision.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Do we charge the same price per square foot when cleaning 300 s.f. as 4000 s.f.?
No we don't. We charge less for the higher square footage, yet we earn more $ on the volume.

Do we give less of a service or quality of cleaning. No, the same quality and service.

Like any carpet cleaner on this board, that have been around for a while I know the value of a local supplier and appreciate the service. I know that they need to make a good living too and I am all for it.

However, I do not see any reason why a local distributor can not provide the same reasonable volume discount, like we do, when we buy a whole, large package from them.

We do the same.

Back
Top Bottom