What kind of shoes do you clean in???

breathe72

I probably missed it in the recent thread about uniforms, but was just wondering what some of you recommend for a good work shoe to clean in.

Right now we go with all white sneakers, I'm getting sick of replacing these each month.

My first choice was a lightweight workboot, something durable yet light enough to not bog us down or clumsy-up our 'sweet moves'. but the shoes with the darker rubber soles seem to bleed when in contact with a prespray, so we ditched em for the white sneaks.

Here's a pic of the shoes.... Kevin is cleaning the strip-club and yes we do a trade-out with them.

budspics0102.jpg

breathe72

Harry I guess the Titanium does have a certain glimmer to it in this pic.

We wear booties in residential.

Becker

Name
Becker
If only I had my boots picture.

My guess is Shawn has it, and honestly it kinda worries me that he does.

Chads

Supportive Member
black new balance shoes and quick little tip for those people with wide feet and foot probs. there are different width shoes you just need to ask the sales guys and they will explain the letters on the inside of the tag. went to wider size world of difference on my feet pain.

randy

Name
Randy
I wear New Balance must of the time when I can find the ones that are stitched and not glued. Nike canvass is also a good choice, they can be water proofed with a solvent based protector. Sometimes on large commercial jobs ( a 12-15 hour job for instance) I might change shocks & shoes a couple of times.

nickreal

I wear "Chuck T's" but I like the idea of Doc Martins. I might have to try wearing those tomorrow.

Chris A

Name
Chris
TreadSafe black work shoes, damn near slip-proof but load up with snow easy

steve r

red wing worx, black all leather most of the time. ive yet to see it leave a mark and they are the only ones that havent fallen apart yet. the one thing i dont like about them is they hold the snow to good because of all the small triangles on the sole.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Black Rockport oxfords. I think they weigh in at about 11 ounces apiece.
Lightweight and easy on the feet. I get about 6 months on a pair.

John Buxton

Merrells. low cuts for nice days, waterproof boots for wet ones. The most comfortable shoe on the market.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Can u bleach the white sneakers? i bet they would clean up nice. Otherwise i usually where sneakers or sometimes work boots with the tan bottoms, they dont dirty the carpet at all.

breathe72

Yes you can bleach the white sneaks. I will take them to the kitchen sink, remove the laces & place them in a tupperware of bleach-water. Then go to work on the shoe, spray-bottle of bleach water, an abrasive sponge, and a toothbrush. remove the laces, ring em out, and lay em out to dry. PRESTO.

In between the detailing of my sneaks i like to blast them with FLEX in the 1st room of my custy's home. (makes the skin on my feet all crackly though)

But now that I've discovered Mikeysboard, I no longer seem to have time to detail my sneaks at night.

Odin, any pics of the sketchers you like? to me these are too dressy, but i know there are so many styles.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
merrell

merrell hikers 6 inch and low waterproof comfy du rable good trac i also know that hand cleaner orange with pumice will clean up a pair of white tennis shoes and back in the day when we did a von shrader haitian cotton foam cleaner on upholstery we would use it on our white shoes and the cleaner would clean the heck out of em the acid base cleaner would eat the dirt out of the stripes and they would actully be reflective again

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
DevilDog said:
I find these quite comfortable. But you need to wear the booties over them

ToddsShoes.jpg

My boyfriend I met up with in the Philippines wears them too. They are not as uncomfortable as they look. Not that any of you smucks would know, your all too scared to try something different. Losers like Boyle, the lot of you.

DevilDog

:shock: That answers so many questions I had! :shock:

Jim :twisted:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I was way too rough on shoes I cleaned in to spend Merrell or Keen money on a shoe that would get trashed. I shopped the close-out racks and just tossed shoes when they didn't clean up like new anymore.

Name
jack zerkie
work shoes

This works for me Walmart white private brand athletic works, velcro type easy on easy off.$9.95 a pair, I buy two pairs at a time. Jack Z.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Spring ,Summer ,Fall Underarmour Bomber Turfs...7 pairs...

winter Danner 12 inch Black Combat boots...Gore tex,I have 4 pairs...

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
For those of you who said they wear booties while cleaning?

Why?

With prespray down it's slicker than snot. I could see wearing them after the carpet is done, but why while cleaning?

Just curious

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
White Nikes. My outside and inside sneakers are laced loose. Going in and out is fast, slip out of one and slip into the other, and the runners still fit well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom