What kind of tile tool is this?

Bob Foster

Looks slow but effective for stubborn spots.

tt2.jpg

tiletool.jpg

John Watson

It is the gecko, Your right at being slow, but you can work on the grout line. Fact is I can see the use of a tool with a lesser wide spray pattern so it concentrate just on the grout and extraxtion port smaller help also, but again we just spray the cleaner down, work in by hand, scrub the tile and rinse and extract with the squeegee head.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It's a small head for a Gekko. I have one just like it. Great for stripping wax on the grunge areas on the edge and cleaning grout. I won mine with the small head at a Customer Appreciation Day and bought the 4 jet bigger head for it. Can't say I've used it more than a few times, but I've got lots of tools that don't get used a lot and still pay good room and board. Oh- and small floods you can top down, but it better not be a big area because it's slow, usually locks down and takes some musculature to move. And HOLY MOLY does it work on gum and stubborn spots. I cleaned a small area of carpet playing around one day- it was the cleanest ever. I just don't see doing a 9 room house with a 3 inch wand head.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
That is the Gekko tool with the 5" wide head. Part # AR54 for the wand and tool together, AR54D is you just want the head..

All the water pressure and volume is concentrated in a path only 1/4" wide, so it can really blast out the dirt from grout lines.

How do you get the dang jet out? I may have found a way but it may not be the best approach.

Mine clogged with a piece of brass.

I went to a local mechanic that has every concievable socket you can imagine and even custom made tools that are very thin. Even then the sockets would not fit on the jet.

I assume the jet will not clog again or at least I hope not as the pressure would blast anything that is sucked up into the jet doing dry passes. The jet does sit right dab in the middle of the vac slot. The tool as a whole is very poorly designed.

Mine has a quick connect on the pressure line. That can be disconnected. Then a pair of thin pliers can hold the jet. The brass piece on top of the tool can be wrenched off with a 9/16 wrench. I don't know how they got the jet in place to begin with but they must have special tools.

Anyways now that all the scrap pieces of brass have been flushed out from where the tool was put together I shouldn't have any problems.

Bob Foster

scottw said:
That is the Gekko tool with the 5" wide head. Part # AR54 for the wand and tool together, AR54D is you just want the head..

All the water pressure and volume is concentrated in a path only 1/4" wide, so it can really blast out the dirt from grout lines.

Thanks Scott!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Daniel - I have passed your comments along to our engineer. We will get that tool redesigned.

Any other comments or suggestions on Gekko tool design? Our ears are listening.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom