what kind truckmount do I want?

I operate a chemdry franchise. which I know most of you arent fond of. lol!! Next year I plan to close the franchise and open my own private business. Right now I operate with a chemdry modified hydramaster 450maxx. Its a great unit and Ive had few issue with it. I cant keep after I close down so I am interested in suggestion on a new machine. Probably be looking for a good used machine with low to medium hours..Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Mikey P

Administrator
Two questions..

Do you want heat exchangers like your current unit or do you want Fuel Fired (propane, diesel/kerosene) heat :?:

Do you foresee needing to run hose longer than 200 ft on a regular basis :?:

Name
I'm Rick James
Whats your price range?

With used machine it doesnt matter what kind it is, it all depends on how well it was taken care of. Prochems are known to run solid for many years. HM are ok and there are some quality garage built TM out there. Terry sells electric TM for $6000 brand new. Talking about medium size and up.

Find one in your price range, one that you can service locally and one that looks good. You dont want to roll with a used POS.

my 2 cents.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yes...do you wanna carry all the components of a BOMB in your truck....
or do you want SAFE...FREE heat?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
it all comes down to what you do, BTW harris research I am sure reads this board and I don't think its the wisest thing to freely admit to closing down your franchise, isn't there non compete issues??? there has to be.

anyways if you do mostly residential a prochem legend GT would be what I would buy, sub mount water tank. a #4 blower machine is perfect for residential. if you are doing commercial heavy on the trigger etc. a used prochem 405 or something in that class is what you need, I think they call it an everest now, or apex gtx actually. basically those larger machines I mentioned are dual wand machines but in reality are just a really powerful single wand machine and don't have the power for true dual wand.

cleann4kids

If you are looking at a heatexchanger, I would go with a
Amtex. I cant belive how easy they are to work on.

I had a small issue with my heat exchanger and I had to by pass one, til the new
arrived, it was so simple
Ben has done a good jod engineering them.

This is my first truckmount and all the guys I ask said
to get a direct drive because of my inexpernice of truckmounts
I mean water go's in and go's out right?

Just my thought

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
cleann4kids said:
If you are looking at a heatexchanger, I would go with a
Amtex. I cant belive how easy they are to work on.

I had a small issue with my heat exchanger and I had to by pass one, til the new
arrived, it was so simple
Ben has done a good jod engineering them.

This is my first truckmount and all the guys I ask said
to get a direct drive because of my inexpernice of truckmounts
I mean water go's in and go's out right?

Just my thought

Or you can go with Prochem - you don't even have to work on them - sorry couldn't resist the open door ....lol.

Everyone has "their" machine. Mine happens to be Prochem, I have never lost a day with the 4 I own across over 10,000 hrs between them. 6 Prochems and the only part failure past wearables such as belts, pump seals and such, was a helicoil drain valve - $6 part, 5 minutes to install.

No matter what you go with, ask for maintenance records - even an abused prochem is a bad buy - stick with a company that has been around for a long time as the longer they have been here the more likely they will be in the coming years to provide parts and service for, and find one that has a reputable disty in the area that can service the unit.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
truckmount fun said:
I operate a chemdry franchise. which I know most of you arent fond of. lol!! Next year I plan to close the franchise and open my own private business. Right now I operate with a chemdry modified hydramaster 450maxx. Its a great unit and Ive had few issue with it. I cant keep after I close down so I am interested in suggestion on a new machine. Probably be looking for a good used machine with low to medium hours..Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Yet another reason for me getting out of Chem Dry. lol

I've never heard anyone speak bad about a hydromaster...if you like it...go with it.
Plus all those crappy modifications that Chem Hack made won't interfere with the performance anymore...it's like taking off the second condom so you can feel like a wild man. :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
steve g said:
it all comes down to what you do, BTW harris research I am sure reads this board and I don't think its the wisest thing to freely admit to closing down your franchise, isn't there non compete issues??? there has to be.

anyways if you do mostly residential a prochem legend GT would be what I would buy, sub mount water tank. a #4 blower machine is perfect for residential. if you are doing commercial heavy on the trigger etc. a used prochem 405 or something in that class is what you need, I think they call it an everest now, or apex gtx actually. basically those larger machines I mentioned are dual wand machines but in reality are just a really powerful single wand machine and don't have the power for true dual wand.

I wasn't allowed to clean carpets in my area for 2 years after I got out. ....but I say :roll: to them.
But they WILL take your butt to court if they even have half a case on you (this includes forum postings)...so be careful.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Check out Steamway's "Storm" unit. 30 hp Kohler engine and a 47 blower with kerosene heat up to up to 300 degrees (not that you'd ever want to clean at those temps).

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
My Steamway Powermatic had all these things replaced/repaired in less than six months. I lost a lot of work days because of it/them.

Repaired of Replaced on my Powermatic:

Waste tank drain valve repaired once then replaced.

Tachometer replaced.

Throttle cable replaced.

Volt meter gauge repaired twice because of broken wire.

Chemical meter view glass replaced once and repaired once.

Waste tank replaced.

Soap tank replaced.

Holding tank replaced.

Water box float comes loose. I tighten it often.

Flow Switch to trigger heater.

Anti-syphon from water box may be called one way valve.

Hose behind warm up switch replaced.

Coupler from motor to blower replaced.

Bottom generator plate that bolts the generator to the frame. Kelly just turned the generator over and bolted it back to the frame.

That’s thirteen things repaired or replaced and I know I am leaving one out but it escapes my recall.

I would never buy another steamway.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I would stay away from the Boxxer 427, there are a lot of broke engines on those right now. I just got a new Sapphire 370SS and with about 90 hours on it now, I just love the crap out of it.

A

amazingcleansc

IMO the best truckmount is the one that

1)Breaks the least
2)costs the least to fix if it breaks
3)costs the least to operate
4)cleans slightly better

In that order

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I would just get a direct drive similar to what you uesed to running at Chem-lie.

My question is how are you getting out of the non-compete contract?

Thanks for the tips guys. I plan on moving so Ill be starting a new business. My contract only requires I not run a business in my present market

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
FLYERMAN said:
My Steamway Powermatic had all these things replaced/repaired in less than six months. I lost a lot of work days because of it/them.

Repaired of Replaced on my Powermatic:

Waste tank drain valve repaired once then replaced.

Tachometer replaced.

Throttle cable replaced.

Volt meter gauge repaired twice because of broken wire.

Chemical meter view glass replaced once and repaired once.

Waste tank replaced.

Soap tank replaced.

Holding tank replaced.

Water box float comes loose. I tighten it often.

Flow Switch to trigger heater.

Anti-syphon from water box may be called one way valve.

Hose behind warm up switch replaced.

Coupler from motor to blower replaced.

Bottom generator plate that bolts the generator to the frame. Kelly just turned the generator over and bolted it back to the frame.

That’s thirteen things repaired or replaced and I know I am leaving one out but it escapes my recall.

I would never buy another steamway.

Steamway just isn't Steamway anymore....not the Ralph Bloss SW. My old 1992 PM......you can throw bricks at this thing and they would just bounce off. I stopped using it because of the dual fuel .....kero for the heat. Went with PC for 7 years, then Powerclean till present. Looking for a bigass machine to replace the Genesis 59. I like the availability of power whether you need it or not.

Mike Draper

bob vawter said:

.........................that takes half the house to heat up and will never get hot enough to clean as efficiently as a propane heater. :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mike Draper said:
[quote="bob vawter":rky2k9em]yes...do you wanna carry all the components of a BOMB in your truck....

.........................that takes half the house to heat up and will never get hot enough to clean as efficiently as a propane heater. :lol:[/quote:rky2k9em]
no it's hot by the time i GET THERE............

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just buy an OP machine and some encap cleaner.

Old chem dry on steroids.

Oh, and buy a good vacuum. !gotcha!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
051-3.jpg

PM me

This can be had for down right cheap.
hoses, reels, sprayers , wand, airmover and other misc tools ..all in very good to like new condition

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
bob vawter said:
You do realize your fuel tank is the very same component for that bomb you're so worried about?
Drove a propane truck for 12 yrs, not even a burp. A fuel tank is a fuel tank, if it leaks and there's a spark, boom. Unless you have diesel. But then you're dealing with other issues plus the smell and the exhaust

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom