What LOOKS better, rectangular or round?

What LOOKS better, rectangular or round Fresh Tanks?

• Round

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rectangular

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

When I first saw the round tank in ICS magazine, I thought it looked ugly because the panel was on that post. When I first saw one in person at connections, I thought it looked better than the rectangular tank.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
from this ................

100_3226.jpg

to this...................

100_3415.jpg

as long as it don't leak it can be a octagon....................

Attachments

• 100_3226.jpg
    100_3226.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_3415.jpg
    100_3415.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_3226.jpg
    100_3226.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_3415.jpg
    100_3415.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 195

Greenie

ya know....I think the round does look better in Jim's pic.

btw: turn your coolcuffs around, supposed to have starter cuffs at the truck ports.

Damn...those solution reels are smart! Very Parflex friendly.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
btw: turn your coolcuffs around, supposed to have starter cuffs at the truck ports.

I have the starter cuffs on the truck and I have one on each tool and my RX That is why I have the female twist lock on the end of the hose..

makes it a breeze to switch tools. twist off one and twist on another......

Time for carpet Jim....

That floor looks nasty.

That floor is nasty..............you should see it up close and personal

the leaks in the tank really tore it up........

where do you get the carpet that everyone is putting down..........

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i don't care......... either ...i just want one...if only i could justify it in my life

FastEddie

Round really fills out, looks great. Would look even better if you got rid of that support column for the instrument panel.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I guess after you are use to seeing the flex line coming out of the floor and into the panel box from the square tank the pole with the round one really don't faze me............

even if they would of welded a bracket like they did for the square one you would still have the flex line coming up........

You really cant see it very well behind the hose reel..

Greenie

Hmm...
Well there is more than one way to skin a cat.

"makes it a breeze to switch tools. twist off one and twist on another"

If you have a male coolcuff at the end of your lead hose, why can't you just slip that on the tool?
Would be streamlined, I imagine the bulk of running a starter cuff in addition to a swivel cuff is just that, bulky at the tool.
Just comments from the peanut gallery.

Also, for your stair tools, uph. tools etc.. you could have one of Joe's reducer cuffs on a whip hose, it makes connecting a 1.5" to your 2" male a snap. I kept a 10' whip that i used with all of our uph. tools cause the mfgs. don't have enough sense to sell them with a long enough hide-a-hose, the extra length is necessary on an L shaped sectional.

Why do you suppose all hand tools don't come with 15' of hide-a-hose? I don't even know why they sell hand tools by themselves, just setting a greenhorn up for failure, gonna drag that hot brass across some expensive fabric.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It is really not bulky enough to hurt the wand you really don't notice it and of course it don't even faze the RX but it is bulky for the stair tool.... I like the idea if the reducer and a whip I was looking into getting another star tool
any recommendations

G

Jim, I think guys just get carpet at Lowes or Home Depot. I know Kemp Waterfall here in Phoenix was the master of putting carpet in both of his trucks. He's a good guy to talk to to get ideas about the best way to do it. He's a great guy too.

I was going to put it in my V with his help, but I had the same tank issue as you. My solution though was to sell the truck!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Cool thanks for the help...............

OK I got it now....take the starter off and put a male on the end of the hose and slip it onto the tool....Thanks............. Greenie

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
has anyone thought of making fresh water and recovery tanks that span the width of the box with baffles. There would never be a weight shift or distribution problem as it would always be across the box and always in the same place. My truck has a 180 gal fresh and recovery, one on each side. When one is full the other is empty, which means she's either heavy on the left or right.

Just another idea

Back
Top Bottom