What makes it a good vacuum?

Lonewolf68

I have read all the posts about vacs and such but... being a newbie I have a question. What makes it a good vac for the truck? I know air flow/cfm/suction is important things to consider but what is the difference between the $40.00 Wally World special vs. a Dyson vs. a dual motor commercial type (Proforce/Powr Flite)? Is it personal preference? Initial cost and/or replacement cost? Thanks for any info anyone may share. Good sarcasm is always appreciated. :D

Steve S.

I have a $360 dual motor powr-flite, a $49 Bissell and a $89 Bissell. I think the Bissell vacuums just as well and is a better value. And no I don't pre-vac before we clean on every job.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think the commercial vacs are more robust in construction.

The thing I have about using house wife specials like the overhyped dyson is image.

You run a professional cleaning company that uses professional equipment.Why use what they can buy down at wallyworld?

I was just looking at a bagless vac at ,
ABCvacuumwarehouse.com

The Sanitaire SC5845A

Its bright red, has the canister your customer can see the dirt you remove and it looks professional.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've got both the Dyson and the Bissell. Both work well. If you keep plenty of filters on hand, you can keep the Bissell performing well and only clean filters once a week.

With the Dyson, you can neglect the hell out of it and it keeps on performing. It also doesn't have that 'stinky vacuum smell' when you fire it up. A definite plus when vacuuming in a clients home.

The Bissell is stinky IMO. I don't care how much I maintain it, it still smells when I fire it up.

I don't pre-vac all jobs, that's for sure. I just keep one on the truck so Waldo will keep me in the top 25!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
????

Again I agree with Jimmy ....

Commercial vacs stand up better to the wear and tear of coming off the truck.

We also like the Sanitaire commercial,

and the see-thru dirt cup is a nice feature to show the customer the soil removal.

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
What I look for in a vacuum is a clear canister so I can see when and how much soil is being pulled out. Too many times I've been surprised to see a ton of soil coming out from a "seeming" clean carpet.

Filters that are easy to swap out and clean. Also filters that don't cost as much as the vacuum.

ease of dumping is very handy. I tried a Sanitaire at MF and what a pain it was to dump! With the soil I know I get I would be dumping it 2, 3 or 4x as much, and if I forgot, it would make one pig of a mess trying to empty that bag.

Something easy to fix or unplug helps.

duckster

I use a hoover bagless. 3 years old. I use it when the customer pays for it, otherwise I have the customer take on that job before I arrive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom