What makes you STAY in this business/industry.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Something a little different to Jim's thread about starting in this business.

I stay in my business because:-

I like it for the freedom that it gives me. I'm earning enough that my wife doesn't HAVE to work. She does a bit here and there to keep her nursing registrations etc. I usually get to have Breakfast with my family, leave about 8.30. Home 4 out of 5 days for about an hour luch break and then home by 6 each night to again have tea with my wife and girls.

I take a minimum of 3-4 weeks annual leave a year with a solid break of 2+ weeks in one go and then a number of long weekends throughout the rest of the year.

I couldn't do most of this stuff if I worked for someone else.

Yes it has it's ties and down sides, but I've told my wife "Don't you ever let me sell this business when I'm having a bad trot'. There will be times that I wished I didn't have it but they are less than 5% of the year.

I thought a POLL might have been a good idea but can't do that. A few options would be:-

I love the industry and the freedom it gives me.
I love my boss/environment at work.
I hate it but it pays my bills.
I stay because what else would I do?
I can't get out, I'd loose too much money.

I pick number one myself.

John

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Terry, when I was younger and asked my father why he was a carpet cleaner, he used to say "Because no on in their right mind would hire me....."

-JB-

Name
JB
It's a bit like the hamster on the wheel. We keep running not always knowin' where were goin'.But somehow we learn to accept, and hopefully enjoy it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"What makes you STAY in this business/industry."

too dumb to do anything else

too old to be a gigolo

..L.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I enjoy "most" of my customers and the work of cleaning, but mostly I love the freedom it affords me do things I otherwise couldn't. 25 years ago I was a single parent with 2 very small kids. I spent more time with them than most dads are able to. Because I was careful with my money early on(some say I'm very tight) now I really only clean part time. I get to do a lot of other things I enjoy, like helping others whether it be working on a vehicle or home remodeling. I've got this thing for tools.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I gots no other trainin and the wife and kids likes to eat and where shoes! 8). This year the wife might get a 2nd dress ifin she plays her cards right. Tried workin for the man for 8 months, boy did I ever have to bite my tongue in meetings when they wanted an opinion. I can say that I am the best boss I have ever had. I like my customers, I like what I do, I like the biz. All in all the only thing I suitable of doin and making a better than average income and have some independence. Peace Out

Mister Sir Hack-a-Lot BDCC Extraordinaire.

Audra

Love doing everything about this business...better love it after 13 yrs. :wink: We love to fix problems & become heroes every now & then :oops:

Get to be with my Hubby-Billy & Son-Christopher (Proud Mother of the Youngest Certified Cleaner in the U.S./Journeyman Textile Cleaner) everyday!!!

Have clients who trust in us & have been using us even as far back as when we just started over 13 yrs ago. We love our clients & have made great friends in the business. Love to go into a home & have them say WOW! I have new carpet! The emails that you get once you get back that say they love the job or everything looks great, etc.

Love being our own BOSS! :)

My motto is:
To be successful in business you have to have your heart in your business & your business in your heart!

I could ramble on forever - maybe this is enough for now!

Audra

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I own my own business that is doing great.........
I love what I do
I can schedule around anything that needs done and/or I want to do
I vacation 2 to 3 times a year
It is demanding but satisfying
the only on I have to answer to is ..me ( and the wife now and then)
I get to meet different people see different homes........I drive from job to job listen to satellite radio or a CD..and relax in between cleanings

Who would want to give up that type of freedom..

Rex Tyus

I stay in this business because my wife makes enough money I can clean carpet full time. :D

Oh yea, and the people I meet make it all worthwhile. :roll:

Loving The Sunshine State

Rex

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I am in the cleaning biz because I am an uneducated collage drop out that makes more money than my eye doctor and Vet. buddies do. I drive very nice cars and live in a 3300sq. foot house.

I stay in the biz because I am an uneducated collage drop out that makes more money than my eye doctor and Vet. buddies do. I drive very nice cars and live in a 3300sq. foot house and my wife wants it to stay that way!!!

G

It was this or play professional golf or teach high school.

It was an easy decision to me and NO.. i have never regretted it or looked back.

Its not about the money.. its about the challenge.. that only this gig has offered me.

Its a drug.. i need my fix.

sad but true. lol

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
It beats getting a real job, pays better than my last job, gives me a sense of satisfaction when I put on my superhero cape and amaze Mrs. Pilfington, and last but not least,,,,,FREEDOM!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
$150 dollar per hour average on carpet cleaning

like to make people happy with clean carpet

enjoy cleaning carpet and making friends out of customers

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I do this because I've made good money for other people too long. I love doing it my way and seeing the wife at lunch each day. I am also having an affair with my secretary (good thing I'm married to her).

G

I do this because I like making people happy. I could do any service business but this was my first real job. The time really flies each day and that's good because I get bored easy.

Dave

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I love the business model. Not too many businesses you can conduct from your cell phone. You don't have a physical location that you have to open and close.

Being from the service industry it was a natural fit.

Relatively easy to get into.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom