what min equipment needed for small wd jobs?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Hello all
Need some advice
We have a new cleaning bus was not wanting to do
wd but customers are forcing us into it.
Need some advice on what i need to do small jobs?
dehumidifiers?1 0r 2 or 3

fans ? have 1
Just want to service customer base that is all.
Any rec would be apprec
And what size dehumidifiers
Have all equip for reinstalls
Thanks RAndy Day

First priority is training.
Second is experience.
Third is meters.
Fourth priority is increaing your GL insurance and purchasing CPL insurance (carpet cleaning liability DOES NOT cover WDR.)

After that...approximatley 10K investment its time to talk equipment.

Until then I would sugest informing customers that they need a restoration comapny.

Too many customers and cleaners alike think that because somone has a rug sucking machine that they can do water damage.

LeeCory

Craig, While I think I understand what you mean.... How do you get experience without meters and equipment?

How do you get experience without getting your feet wet after you get training?

Try to find a restorer to work with. Generally if you have one that you refer work to you can go out on those jobs and help.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I am not giving advice BUT what I would do is get to know a restoration guy and ask if he will let you work with him especially on finding the water and at least take a water damage class too. So that when you have a customer call in for a water damage you can at least respond and find out how large the loss is. If it really is a small one take it and if it is too large then call your restoration guy and have him do the job. Do not be afraid to seek help for your client. You want to do the job right by you and your client. You really need to know your limitations and your abilities as far as your education, experience and equipment. This BB is a good resource also because most of these gentlemen have the experience to give great advice. You have to start somewhere. :wink:

P.S. what craig said :roll:

prodrying

I agree with the advice above. You need so many things before equipment. I guarantee you that after you get training, you will buy different equipment than you would today.

Also, after you price the insurance you might change your mind. Don't think that your present insurance will even begin to cover water damage work.

Name
Al
Randy,

I am in Charleston, SC area. I have good amount of drying equipment (most everything made). If you are in need of equipment or if you start drying and need help I will be glad to come help. Also if you get in to my area come see me I will show you a few of my toys.

PS all the above is right.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Thanks for the imput guys
Advice i will follow wait till down the road a ways and look at this at a later day.

Jayhawk2218

albradham said:
Randy,

I am in Charleston, SC area. I have good amount of drying equipment (most everything made). If you are in need of equipment or if you start drying and need help I will be glad to come help. Also if you get in to my area come see me I will show you a few of my toys.

PS all the above is right.

I met Al last weekend. Al has alot of toys!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom