What pad to scrub FILTHY CGD prior to HWE?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've got a really dirty office to clean in a couple days. It's a very dirty farm environment and hasn't been maintained at all. I think I will use Flex powder and scrub with my 175, then extract with my wand.

What pad would you use to scrub? I think I already have green, red, and white but I could get more if I need to.

I also have the Cimex I could scrub with?

Do I dare just encap with the Cimex?

Sorry I don't have pictures of this one. I'm hoping to get some great ones during the cleaning.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Russ,

Try white and if its too slow go to a blue pad.

I normally add Oxi Booster too!

Do you have the brush for the 175?? I Really Like it too.

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The FiberPlus Max pads are what I'd recommend. They're PERFECT for filthy CGD. They scrub efficiently, yet they're safe for commercial loop carpet.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Fib...mpatible-with-19-inch-Cimex-Machine_p_95.html

fiberplus-max-pad.png

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Do you guys ever put prespray (flex powder) IN the Cimex and apply it that way?

I will be alone and always looking for ways to be efficient.

Chris, I don't have the brush for my 175. I'm still resisting agitation with a 175 in resi situations because I work alone. Things may change a little as we grow and I hire someone.

Thanks.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I hate load/unload, but the diff is well worth it.

Squirt your pads too before ya spin em. Extra lube : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use Rick's Max gray pads and they work well on heavy soil but when its really bad and you're using low moisture we use the 8-inch Tuway BBC pads. They really kick butt. The Brush Bonnet Combination pads have a brown strip of aggressive monofilament to breakup impacted areas.

You can wash them over and over, they last forever. One more tool that you should have if you own a Cimex.

2012-08-30_12-08-42_353_zps8202adf1.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Russ the cimex is a carpet scrubber, this is exactly what it is designed to do.

Flex with the cimex is pretty bad a$$ and should take care of about 99.9% of the jobs you run into.
As for pads... I'm a simpleton, beige fiber plus pads is all we use. Although we use the brushes also i prefer the pads for cgd, coin flip.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Any pad will work. I've used everything up to black in a pinch. Sweet spot is near beige, depending on break in. The pad Rick G. sells is said to leave fewer dingleberries behind.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Lee I don't think I would ever use a black stripping pad on carpet no matter what situation I am cleaning in.

Please elaborate on why up you might use a black pad?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Crusty carpet and didn't get the action I wanted with the softer pads. Wasn't a NEW black pad.

Eeks! That sounds dangerous! Black pads contain abrasives. It would be impossible to not damage/scratch the fiber even with a worn black pad.

The strongest pad I'd recommend is the FiberPlus Max. From there if you need more firepower, you could perhaps go a little more nuclear with your juice. But going for a more aggressive pad could open you up to a damage claim. I recognize that the carpet was probably considerably shot to begin with. But in this litigious society - if you damage their fiber they might still want to come after you. Especially if you're dealing with some pinhead inspector that was hired by the carpet mill.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Eeks! That sounds dangerous! Black pads contain abrasives. It would be impossible to not damage/scratch the fiber even with a worn black pad.

The strongest pad I'd recommend is the FiberPlus Max. From there if you need more firepower, you could perhaps go a little more nuclear with your juice. But going for a more aggressive pad could open you up to a damage claim. I recognize that the carpet was probably considerably shot to begin with. But in this litigious society - if you damage their fiber they might still want to come after you. Especially if you're dealing with some pinhead inspector that was hired by the carpet mill.
Our machines all use some degree of "abrasion" as part of TACT.

Floor pad color is arbitrary, and not always an accurate indicator of how aggressive it may be.

I've been using them since before you were "The Chemstractor Guy".... :-)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
sorry lee, but i imagined a back stripping pad with all of those small black abrasives just demolishing what ever would be left of the carpet that you are trying to clean.

Mike Draper

I just did this job. Shower feed & scrub with cimex using prochem ultra pack. I used the beige pads with black fiber and cut them to size for cimex. Follow up with steam clean & extract, speed dry, then I encapped this area after the rest of the job was done, but did not encap all areas. View attachment 4709

Mike Draper

My pics look like crap because tapatalk only gives me the option of 2 choices for pics. Shitty and super shitty.

Lonny

Supportive Member
A very worn in pad be it black, red, brown, beige, blue, etc. will not have the abrasive qualities it had when new. Black and brown would need to have been VERY used, not something I would recommend, but I could see it.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks great. I'm leaning toward doing pretty much the same thing. I'll use Flex powder, put it in the Cimex, scrub it in using beige pads (I already have some), and extract with my TM using an acid rinse (Point Blue).

I don't have bonnets. How important is that step? I've actually never post bonnet but I'm still learning...15 years in.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Depends on the amount of wicking you expect. Really impacted CGD may necessitate a good final pass with pads to speed dry.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Russ go with your plan. Slow that dry pass down and wicking should not be problem.

Mental not any large spots so you flush extra after scrub. They will think your done after prescrub

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i think you could anticipate the wicking and counter with extra dry passes, with a 175 and bonnet run over it quick(if it is going to be your account i would encap it) - then use air movers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom