What Pads & Brushes For 175?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What pads and/or brushes do yall use on your 175s for different carpets?

Been using TuWays and green-stripes on a Brute for prescrub but thinking about getting a 175 cuz it might be a little faster.

Much obliged.

ps: Powr-Flite has their 1.5 hp 17" Classic on sale for $450.

Mikey P

Administrator
1 175 will be much faster and safe to use for scrubbing in pre spray.

Get a medium shampoo brush (cleanfreak.com has a inexpensive really nice one) and a white pad for dedicate piles/ wools and a red pad for commercial glue downs and you'll be set.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I bought a 175 at Connections from Mytee. And let me tell you it scrubbs way better/faster than my pad machine does.

I prespray with an inline sprayer. Then scrub with the 175 machine. On bad jobs I put some heavy duty cleaner in the shower feed tank and hit the bad areas with a little extra power.

It is so much faster on the bad ones I am mad at myself for boo-hooing the agitators that talked about how they scrub in their pre-spray.

BTW I only use the red pad but I don't scrub any delicate carpet/rugs.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Over 99% of the time I use the same brush that must be 15 to 20 years old on every carpet that needs the 175. Stiff but very well broken in, it feels soft when you rub your hand in the direction it turns. For really bad situations I will occasionally use a brush that is really stiff, the bristles almost straight down. Really breaks up a black traffic lane.

Lefty724

Name
E
What Pads & Brushes For 175?

Only used the cleanfreak brush that Mikeys talking about a few times on plushes and it's awesome! For CGD and Berbers like using the red pads and/or green striped bonnets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom