What perrcentage of restoration techs actually clean carpet?

Mikey P

Administrator
Not mom and pops like you guys who dabble in toilet overflows but Service Masters, Belfors, PuroCleans, Serve Pros etc, do the sub out all the cleaning work or do some techs do both?

FredC

Village Idiot
no idea the percentage but I've seen (and done) both

The last restoration company I worked for had a reinstall/clean crew although there were also times when it got subbed depending on how busy the water side was or if the latest cleaning guy had quit.

Others subbed it out completely.

I've also worked as a sub doing cleanings for restoration companies. In fact that made up the majority of what I cleaned when I was cleaning carpet. That was also replacing pad and restretching on most which is harder to find a carpet cleaner to do. More in-place drying these days probably makes it easier

Last edited:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I think it would depend on size of service area and size of company.
You focus on what makes the most money, subbing cleaning out would probably be cost effective for a large outfit

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
They're idiots if they don't clean

Sure, big checks are coming in from insurance companies, but several of them deal with crap companies like code blue or bad insurance companies who wait until they get a letter after 90days.

So carpet cleaning is steady, payroll money for the techs to help pass time till the $100k checks come in 90+ days later

FredC

Village Idiot
They're idiots if they don't clean

Sure, big checks are coming in from insurance companies, but several of them deal with crap companies like code blue or bad insurance companies who wait until they get a letter after 90days.

So carpet cleaning is steady, payroll money for the techs to help pass time till the $100k checks come in 90+ days later

The restoration companies I've worked for did not clean any carpet except for those involved in losses.

WDR was the cashflow supporting large losses/smoke/fire.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The restoration companies I've worked for did not clean any carpet except for those involved in losses.

WDR was the cashflow supporting large losses/smoke/fire.
I drool over my local franchise. They have several school/college accounts cleaning all their carpet. I assumed it was the steady work that helped them when restoration jobs slowed down

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom