What should a "Great Pre-Spray" do???

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
What do you look for in a pre-treatment for carpet and upholstery? It can't drive the truck or pull the hoses but but what SHOULD an awesome prespray do?

Tell me about what the perfect prespray's characteristics...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I think it varies situation to situation though I think though for most of us, it would be the traffic lane cleaner that gets the most spots and soiling out with out reaching for a specialty spotter or requiring a nuclear rinse.

Three that do that well for me would be O2 prespray.. great for getting the yellow urine spots and general soiling. But still need a pog for heavy tar spots.

Redline plus Oxi.. usually need the citrus for gum and pog for heavy tar/wax. (though haven't tried the new enzyme based formula yet)

Matrix Grandslam.. plus Citrusforce.. Heavy smelling prespray, but takes care of a a lot of spots. Might need a little pog or citrus here and there.

Havn't tried the cobbs powermax.

ascrubabove

I'm with Sweeney, O2 and Grandslam have done wonders. I clean alot of trashed carpet, and most of the time the custy is watching, they are very impressed when the prespray makes the spots go away. I get lots of coments when that happens.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I initially loved O2 but experienced 2 major problems with the system.

The Extraction rinse in the chemical jug smelled horrible after a few days of sitting, I tore up the van searching for this odor & of coarse the last place I thought it was coming from was the jug...so I stopped using the rinse, I continued using the prespray along with Soapfree as my rinse & then encountered rapid resoling on a number of jobs so regrettably the O2 system was shelved even though I really liked how it performed on organic stains.

I know many people like O2 & don't have issues but after trying it for 6+ months I had to switch.

(2 year old TM combined with a Greenhorn wand at 500psi)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
stay consistent........not clump up when mixing.....
leave no residue....and it is nice when it does what it says it will and actually cleans the carpet.......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Jeremy said:
what SHOULD an awesome prespray do?
safe for everyone involved, the tech and the client
safe on fabrics
dissolves easy
concentrated and low dilution rate for economy
it actually cleans the fabrics of oils and soils and most stains
easily rinsed, leaves no residue
leaves a fresh smell, not overpowering or choking, either during application or after rinsing
low foaming

The Extraction rinse in the chemical jug smelled horrible after a few days of sitting,
I keep two 5gal jugs filled and ready to go with O2 rinse, never had a bad smell from it in 2 yrs. Might have been some other factor that caused it to smell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom