what should i do, or better yet what would you do?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i had a guy call me and offer to sell me one of his v for parts. he sais it is for parts because two weeks ago he was driving it and a radiator hose failed and he was not payin no mind to the gauges and overheated the truck. it is a 200 model 777 and everything works/worked two weeks ago.

how much should i give him for it?

do you think it is a good idea to pick it up for the extra parts if it is cheap enough? and i do mean cheap enough.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dealtimeman said:
i had a guy call me and offer to sell me one of his v for parts. he sais it is for parts because two weeks ago he was driving it and a radiator hose failed and he was not payin no mind to the gauges and overheated the truck. it is a 200 model 777 and everything works/worked two weeks ago.

how much should i give him for it?

do you think it is a good idea to pick it up for the extra parts if it is cheap enough? and i do mean cheap enough.

what am i missing?

he over heated the engine
Is a V too big a POS or too expensive to repair?

..L.T.A.

rick imby

Name
Rick
How expensive can that Asian motor be? Even a Toyota would be under $5000 for a rebuilt motor around here and they are the most expensive around. Maybe you could drop a Chevy 350 in the little hummer and have some real fun.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i think there are two on thebay right now for 23000 and one for 28500. and aerotec is selling used ones on their site for over twenty. the 2000 ud truck without vortex is worth 10000 on the books.

minuteman

You might get lucky & he only blew the head Gasket or at worst Cracked the head,
offer him $10 K, if the 777 is in good shape it might be worth it or have it fixed and,
then give him a job as a service tech, & no I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds
like he is strapped for cash & can't afford to fix it.

Greg

Jay D

Name
Jay D
If its stonehedge (or whatever) he has been trying to sell a vortex for 10 K for like a year on craigslist. Ask yourself do I need another one? If you have the time and $$$$ then maybe. If he has 8 trucks why would he get rid of this one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
have you seen the V he wants to sell?

is it that trashed inside and out (TM, cab and chassis) that it's not worth the cost to rebuild?

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

Do you really think you are going to ever need 10,000 dollars in parts to fix the truck you have now? That a lot of money in parts to have sitting around.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mike Draper said:
Do you really think you are going to ever need 10,000 dollars in parts to fix the truck you have now? That a lot of money in parts to have sitting around.

agree...............

minuteman

Oop's I'm Bad ! That Man is not hurting at all !
Still could be a good deal at the right Low Price.
Like the rest of the guys said check it out bumper too bumper first.

Greg

Name
BradFenstermaker
Micheal you need to take your mechanic and snoop around under the cab. Will it start?

How many hrs and mile's.

If it doesn't run and is in bad shape I'd offer about 5k maybe. She would have to look good inside and out. Is it round or square tank model.

Heat exchanger been replaced lately? Might be easier to modify this one than your 2nd V underconstruction.

Let me know if you get it, how much for the tranny? :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom