What should I get.

Name
Joe
I have some commercial carpet jobs (restaurant)
I want to do a better job I am eventually going to get both but I am not sure what to get first
1.- brush pro17 (encapsulation machine)
2.- Ritovac 360i
What shoul I get first?
Any advice will be appreciate
Thanks
JR.

As a now I use a regular wand and I agitate with a hand brush

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a Whittaker machine, much like the brush pro, and I can tell you from practical experience that you don't want a counter rotating brush machine for prescrubbing. It sounds counter intuitive, but trust me on this. They are designed for encap cleaning and function well for that, but as a prescrubber, they are too light weight.

The best thing you can do is drag out that old 175 rotary machine you have sitting back in the corner, blow the dust off of it and get a green floor pad. Nothing scrubs like a 120 lb rotary!

Now, as for the necessity of prescrubbing ... it is often desired... but seldom needed. We have this habit, as cleaners, of overcomplicating things. I guess we just love using tools.

A great prespray and some decent heat and flow will handle just about every job you encounter. Sure, there are times when it is easier if you can prescrub, but those times are few and far between and CERTAINLY not worth spending money on another machine to sit in the corner!

I read an article a month or so ago from ANOTHER magazine guru (we have so many) where he said a job was not complete without prescrubbing prespray. My REAL WORLD experience tells me he is incorrect and I am left to assume that he learned his craft back in the days before there were well formulated presprays.

Last edited:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I just got a BrushPro and plan to use it for encapsulation in the few commercial jobs that I have and to scrub residential carpet. It seems to work great for that. It really seems to work well on cut pile carpet.

For the money, you can't beat a 175rpm rotary. I have a 175 that I have been using for the past few years. It works really well for scrubbing, but it is just too big/heavy for residential. I only tend to use it on the really bad ones and almost never will carry it up stairs.

Name
Joe
I just got a BrushPro and plan to use it for encapsulation in the few commercial jobs that I have and to scrub residential carpet. It seems to work great for that. It really seems to work well on cut pile carpet.

For the money, you can't beat a 175rpm rotary. I have a 175 that I have been using for the past few years. It works really well for scrubbing, but it is just too big/heavy for residential. I only tend to use it on the really bad ones and almost never will carry it up stairs.

Let me know how it goes with your brush pro please

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
buy a 175 rotary Duud

noting is more aggressive or better than the Ole "One-Two" punch of roto scrub w/aggressive pad and flush/rinse extract

Unfortunately, very few restaurants will pay for the Two-Step
So nUke it with a heavy hitter sledgehammer pre-spray (Prochem Powerburst, Chemspec Enzall, or DSC Relief) are examples
and crank the heat on the TM, or bucket heaters for the porty's water

..L.T.A.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
A CRB is way more versatile than a rotovac. And yes a 175 scrubs prespray better than a CRB i.e. brush pro, but a crb does a damn fine job prescrubbing and in my opinion is only a few points shy of just as good as a 175.

Reactions: dealtimeman

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can see you point, if you are thinking of using pads. However, with a shampoo BRUSH, my rotary will dig the crap out of cut pile carpets. I don't use it often, because it isn't hardly ever necessary, but it is a great tool.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you already know how to run a 175, then it's cheap tool, yets still offers you plenty of options.

A 175 is great for shower feeding precondition on heavily soiled carpets, throw on a pad driver and you can bonnet, or a fiber pad and you can Encap. For the money a 175 is a nice option to have when needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom