What size genset?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What is the minimum wattage to safely run a 1hp 175, an RX20, and a Brute (one at a time)?

I have a 2500 and a 4000 but I'm afeared of burning out equipment with insufficient wattage, as I did a saw a few years back.

Much obliged.

TimP

Re: What size generator?

I think the 4000 watt would suffice. Just make sure you're running thick enough extension cords. 12 guage cords is what you want when running longer runs. I'm not sure what the max you'd want to run off 12 guage but probably 100 ft would probably be a max if I had to guess.

I'm sure Jim Martin probably knows for sure.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I keep two 12-gage, 50-foot cords on the truck, but sometimes, very rarely, ac isn't available within 100 feet. Like at a job I wanted to do this AM. Really needs a good vac and power-scrub.

There is usually a neighbor within 100 feet who is more than happy to oblige. I always offer a $20, but very few adults accept it. Kids, presumably home alone, always take the money. (Who knows if it gets to their parents?)

Anyone know for sure the minimum wattage? I have the owners manuals for my gensets somewhere but I would rather spend an hour doing something other than looking for them. And I don't recall seeing maximum ratings in the manuals.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
The 2500 watt one will run 1 of those tools at a time. Provided it is rated at 2500 continuous and it is in good working order. A 15 amp circuit will only provide 1800 watts anyway.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Thanks, Anthony.

I think the 2500 watt Honda is 2000 continuous.

Scott Rogers

My Brute does not like to run off a generator. tried a few times wont do it again. Its the start up friction that gives it issues. Not sure my gen size I think its 3500 I will check tomorrow and edit post if different

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom