what solution hose is everyone using?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have been using parker for many years..just seeing if there is something better out there.

i got right at a year out of this hose..i usually get 2, this one is springing leaks in several spots..much faster

than ever before..

i have been happy with the parker just testing the waters..

thanks

Name
Steve Lawrence
A year is not too bad.

We almost get that out of our Parker Parflex. Employees abuse hoses much more than OO.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I am still using Goodyear. When I used it on the Vortex and was rolling it up on the live reel I would get about 6 months out of it and then would put on a new section and cut off about 3 feet on each end of the old one and move it back.
Since using our new set up I Do Not use a live reel but figure 8 it loosely and hang it from a hook so it can cool completely without the added heat and have 1000 hours on it with no signs of a problem yet.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

The Parflex hose has a cover that is pinpricked.

That means when the crimps leak, it will show up as many small leaks in the outer cover.

Usually, just cut off a couple of feet and recrimp.

For any Butler TM it is the best hose . . .

since it insulates the heat better . . .

and slides around easier on the carpet.

It is a little kinky when new,

but settles down after a month or so of usage.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...1c1f50d0bdab965&keyword=parflex+solution+hose

Like any hi-temp hose, it should not be operated while coiled on a live solution reel.

Larry

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm still liking the Parker Parflex hose that Larry showed on his site. I have 3 100 ft lengths and one 200 ft length that I've been using for the last four or five years. I try to baby them in that I connect a short length of Goodyear from 15' to 50' to the machine and carry the Parker hose into the house. I've still had to have them cut and recrimped about 10 times when they start the pinprick leak thing but they each have tons of hours on them now and give me no problems. They're lightweight and best of all don't suddenly burst in some nice bedroom and spray on a beautiful dresser or oil painting.

Name
Andy McFadden
Do I understand correctly that the parker hose eliminates the concern of black deth, and burn lines in carpet? I'm about due for some new hose. Mr. Cobb do you offer a 125 ft section? that's what I like to run off my live real, have two more 50 ft sections rolled hung on the door when needed.

Mikey P

Administrator
Correct.
No rubber inner liner, no steel braids so the outside stays cooler and no explosions.

only draw backs are it's memory and its about twice the price of Goodyear.

Mikey P

Administrator
I soaked a few oil paintings and some silk wall paper on one memorable job, while I went to the hose shop to get the Neptune fixed I ran a few fans and prayed a lot.

I still see a few water marks but the (regular client) homeowner never noticed.:shifty:

F

FB7777

Do I understand correctly that the parker hose eliminates the concern of black deth, and burn lines in carpet? I'm about due for some new hose. Mr. Cobb do you offer a 125 ft section? that's what I like to run off my live real, have two more 50 ft sections rolled hung on the door when needed.
I'd be interested in 125 foot sections as well

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Larry I noticed on your website that the longer the hose the lower the price per foot. How much is 150 foot, it's not listed. Thanks Mike

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea..i run it in 150' sections as well..

i sprayed black shit all over a customers house once..it about burned the crap out of my guy too..glad i was still on the truck at the time..never again will i ever run anything other than parker or better..

larry how bout a price on the 150' length..i need a bucket of powermax any how as well..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
i got right at a year out of this hose..i usually get 2, this one is springing leaks in several spots..much faster

than ever before..
s

anything different now, Dave??
Maybe a bad hose lot??

there's really only two sol lines in town though
Parker and GoodYear Ineptune steel braid

I'll NEVER trust that hot, heavy Inueptune crAp again ..I've had too many instant blowouts
I also permanently heat distorted a poly cut pile ...fortunately it was a trashed salvage rag and the slumlord was thrilled with the job (I don't think he ever noticed OR CARED)

Parker is far safer ..it's lighter, it's cooler to touch, but carries more heat to the wand .
It's drawback is it's stiffness ...that some gUrls whine about

Parker lasts us at least twice as long as Ineptune ever has .

maybe you got a bad hose lot??

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
not sure..it has been repaired twice and my guy told me yesterday that it spring another pin hole leak about 25' from the live reel end..

once i have to repair it so many times i replace it..i know no one takes care like a oo but my guys are family and have a vested interest
in taking care of the equipment..

im not sure if i more got lucky with the close to 2 year runs and this is a normal life span..

we will see

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
not sure..it has been repaired twice and my guy told me yesterday that it spring another pin hole leak about 25' from the live reel end..
I think the live reel may well be the problem. There is too much heat on the reel weakening the hose. I hand wrap and hang my hoses. I'm pretty sure a live reel saves no time unless you drag your hoses outside through the slime and the mud.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
We pull the hose off the tell completely.. It's pretty fast to pull it off the reel coil it up and stretch it in the house..and winding it up is super fast..

We had a really really hot summer so I wonder if that played into it..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

We have the Parflex in full rolls . . .

so you can order any length you need . . .

with vinyl strain reliefs & 1/4" MPT crimps.

$1.72 per foot over 100 ft.

Larry

P.S. There are better wire-braid hoses than Neptune for very high heat (275')

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Wow 1.72 with crimps and bend restrictions for blue Parker 1035HT? Where are you getting blue hose and crimps and bend restrictors that you can afford to sell it at that price? Especially with the loss that comes built in to every 500' roll? I'm serious pm me where your getting it not being to be an ass. My Parker crimps and bend restrictors from Parker and the cut rolls make it impossible to make money at 1.72 guys if you can get blue Parker with Parker crimps and bend restrictors and shipped for for that price Larry posted you can't find a better deal anywhere. Better buy it before Larry figures it out.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom