What Steve Toburen said.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I could not find the thread I was reading yesterday, where one of the guys was having a hard time at it. Many guys posted some excellent advice on how to get his business up and running again. From taking on commercial work, getting second job to hitting the residential side.
This site demonstrates that if nothing else, there is little reason failing in the cleaning or restoration industry. Some excellent suggestions and advice.
I must say that for selling to theresidential sector- Steve Toburen had shared an exceptional process for visiting homeowners using a soft sell approach. The personalized bottle of Spot Out, the young kid in tow and a crisp looking uniform is an excellent sales approach. Just imagine if little Johnny was also outfitted in a company uniform, name badge and all.
Heck throw in a puppy held in the child’s arm and you have a homerun. I’m surprised that more people haven’t asked Steve for more information.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You can also hire a gaunt older woman with a shaved head to sit in your car out front and tell them that's your mother-in-law and she has cancer. If that doesn't do it put a pillow under your wife's t-shirt (with the company name). Never underestimate the power of pity to appeal to the homeowner's emotional buying habits.
Or you can just do excellent work and let your customers do the selling for you.

Back
Top Bottom