What the hell is wrong here?

Mikey P

Administrator
Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only 30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500. If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working (me) you'd have $892,919.98. If you took out only 3% per year, you receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years, and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madoff ever had.

Entitlement my ass, I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!! Congressional benefits, aka. free health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!.....scroll down..............

Emergency Rooms for their general health care -At just one hospital the cost to tax payers totaled over 25 million a year!!!

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey .. And now Pakistan home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?

We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.

YET......................
They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

SAD?

YEAH, OK, SO WHEN DO WE GET PISSED AND
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?????

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
All very good points indeed.

The real issue at hand is that the people who are playing games with this hide behind politics and lie to people. All in hopes they can get re-elected the next term.

Representation is long gone.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
It is not an entitlement for the people that pay into the system like it was designed for. In its pure for social security was a brilliant idea. Then they started expanding it to cover ssd which is disabled people. Then they expanded the type of people they considered disabled to include everyone from the guy that had a shoulder that hurt to the guy that was mentally disabled to even a person that has a learning defiency such as ADD (attention deficit disorder). Anyone could come up with a what they consider a legitimate reason to qualify. Then of course they saw this huge trust fund with billions of dollars in it and thought, we could really use that money. Now they relliay on current payers of social security to pay the people that collect it. Problem is that the pool of people that receive it is expanding and the pool of people contributing is shrinking.

The government is trying to control every aspect of our lives and they do that by pretending to take care of us while in reality they are enslaving us. Well the average working guy not me. Think of your pets. You care for buster, buy medical care for him and feed him. The trade off is that he better do what you want or.. well you get the point. People of this country are becoming nothing more than pets to the government.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hmmmm, methinks I have seen something like this before.

Only the name shave been changed to protect the innocent.....................

Originally titled down under, Dear Ju liar (Gillard), see what you have done.

HOW TRUE !

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Troops, Orphans, Homeless etc.

In the last month we have provided aid to Haiti , Indonesia, Timor , and Turkey , Greece , Pakistan .

Our Aged Pensioners living on a 'fixed income'
Receive no aid or get any breaks while our
Government and religious organizations pour
Hundreds of Millions of $$$$$$'S and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

We have thousands of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AUSTRALIA a country where we have homeless without shelter, children and adults going to bed hungry,
Elderly going without 'needed' medication, and
Mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.
YET....................
They are requesting donations for the people of Pakistan , a country currently buying fighter planes worth $1.4 billion.

TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding,,Doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US'
The same support they give to other
Countries.

Sad, Isn't It?

99% of people won't have the guts to forward This.

I Just Did !

So there you go.

Some of you know I only come over there every two years.

That's generally how long it takes for us to catch up with you.

Unless it's politics.

Then our hound dogs are right there, lickin' the bum of every Prez you guys have in power at the time.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

GDP, used to stand for Gross Domestic Product.

Now it's:

Greedy Damn Politicians.

Rant over, C'ya.

S

sam miller

Lotsa things piss me off 3rd, 4th generation welfare recipients,

I dont blame unions for getting a great contract I blame goverment for agreeing to 20 years of service and in some cases 98% on salary!
I believe we should help kids go to scholl and further education but when I see a junior college here where I'm at getting enrollments and these kids get a pel grant for $2500.00 to $5000.00 a year and a lot on minoritys go and sing up stay tell the drop date Fail the class and can go back every semester.

The funny thing is I've been paid with an AVC credit card to clean a carpet its a visa for books and living expense's.

If someone really wants an education fine but this iis just robbery cause they can!

were talking about 40 percent of the students.

The goverment has Money they take in 3 trillion in taxes a year they just spend 4 trillion.

Local goverment in California when the housung market went up the state was taking in 90 billion in revenues it went upto 120 billion so lets add program after program after the housing market and colapsed 30 percent default on homes maybe 40 they lose a ton of revenue and are back down to 90 billion, but they want to spend 120 billion.

Being an entitlement state no one here will ever vote out the hand that feeds them.

As for religious groups sending money over sea's we have several here offering meals on wheels and lots of pantrys and homeless shelters to help the needy here.

What needs to happen is we need to stop playing police officer to the world secure our borders balance the budget and pay what we owe down,

Just think when the intrest on a 14 trillion dollar debt is 1 trillion a year a 3rd of the income the goverment recieve's from the tax payers what a waste.

But if the economy boomed and the taxes received went to 5 trillion they would still spend it all and borrow more Idiots.

The idea that Obama wants to bankrupt america thats floated makes no sense because if he did he would'bt last long we would revolt or vote that right out unless we make more citizens promise more entitlements and they vote to rape our pocket books til we have nothing.

Ty Mike now I cant sleep.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
-social security isn’t a retirement account your money is not invested, doesn’t gain interest it’s a pay in pay out system not much different than a pyramid scheme

The Problem is outlined with the first post, people only complain when they don’t think they are going to get theirs! The UL with social security was talked about 20-30 years ago where were people then where was the outrage?

Medicare, medicate, social security, prescription drug program and the actual national debt equal nearly 130 trillion dollar UL
breaking out to is almost 1.2 million dollars PER tax payer go ahead and figure out how you’re going to pay it, I’m all ears!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
The current problems of our nation are deep and wide. They have been allowed to grow because we've been asleep. The banks have and still have waaaaay to much power. Big oil, auto manufacturing, news broadcasters all have to much power. The Electoral College needs to be abolished.

There's Makers and there's Takers and the takers have grown way to much. High School graduates today have no concept of gross national product subject matter and other critical problems with our country. We pour ridiculas amounts of money around the world while our quality of life and our peoples future is being flushed down the drain.

The days of winning a world war are over. Good leaders are getting harder and harder to find. There's doesn't seem to be any more Harry Trumans around.

And the whole time Washington is pissing our future away while the networks treat us like the tabloid whore mongers we've turned into. The networks have become a mirror of what we're really all about. Stupid subject matter and political agendas. Hold on tight casuse the storm only seems to get worse. And I still write my congressman an e-mail once a month to speak my mind.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
“When the people find they can vote themselves money that will be end of the republic. Benjamin Franklin“

Over 200 yearsd ago it was said, "A democracy can't exist permanently. Voters discover that they can vote themselves perks from the public treasury. From then on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury. That result in a democracy that collapses over loose fiscal policy."

Are we there yet?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only 30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500. If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working (me) you'd have $892,919.98. If you took out only 3% per year, you receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years, and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madoff ever had.

Entitlement my ass, I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!! Congressional benefits, aka. free health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!.....scroll down..............

Emergency Rooms for their general health care -At just one hospital the cost to tax payers totaled over 25 million a year!!!

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey .. And now Pakistan home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?

We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.

YET......................
They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

SAD?

YEAH, OK, SO WHEN DO WE GET PISSED AND
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?????

I agree in principal but

People made a whole lot less money 30-40 years ago, so 15% of $2-4 hour is not too much money.At same time medical care has skyrocketed.

Average medicare recipient put in $80k in lifetime and takes out $400k in real dollars adjusted for inflation.

The govt should have set up a sovereign wealth fund like singapore,kuwait, etc and actually invested the money. Basically the money was squandered on bridges to nowhere.

Bob Foster

Maybe thousands of years ago when some dude decided to put up the Great Wall of China he was right all along.

Burtz

" our servants have become our masters "

" the biggest traitors our are elective officials "

so how many of your are going to vote for hope and change again?

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
lol... change.

Know how many people I met that voted for Obama because "WE WANT CHANGE?!"

When I asked them what change they wanted, almost all went, "well, you know.. change!"

Clueless.

gavin

Dave Yoakum said:
“When the people find they can vote themselves money that will be end of the republic. Benjamin Franklin“

Over 200 yearsd ago it was said, "A democracy can't exist permanently. Voters discover that they can vote themselves perks from the public treasury. From then on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury. That result in a democracy that collapses over loose fiscal policy."

Are we there yet?

yep, it's called greed, and the world is full of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom