What to do when you're sick of it all...?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Tired of whiny customers, tired of happy customers, tired of no customers. Sick of truckmounts that don't work for lack of a part that costs about a quarter, sick of truckmounts that work 24-7. Whiny employees, chems that work, don't work, work too well...
Advertising budgets, equipment budgets, no budgets. What to do when you're fed up with it all - temporarily, of course...?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I know what you mean, it doesn't seem to happen during the crazy peak season, but during the winter, when things are slow. I always thank God I don't have a REAL job!

Bob Foster

Go to SFS and learn how to systematize and focus on the goals and fruits of your labor.

That, and talk to the Travelocity gnome about where he's got a good deal to a nice tropical beach for a week or two.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Schedule a day off and go somewhere fun and relaxing with the hubby. if that's not possible, just schedule a honeymoon evening...it doesn't solve anything but it can sure turn around a bad attitude!

Take care,
Lisa

bonesheal

It's hard to get anything worthwhile done while you're in that mindset--I think it's a good time to take a little time off to recharge, and remember why you're not sitting in a cubicle in the first place.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
rhino1 said:
Tired of whiny customers, tired of happy customers, tired of no customers. Sick of truckmounts that don't work for lack of a part that costs about a quarter, sick of truckmounts that work 24-7. Whiny employees, chems that work, don't work, work too well...
Advertising budgets, equipment budgets, no budgets. What to do when you're fed up with it all - temporarily, of course...?

I think of that pretty college giirl who was doing missionary work in Haiti. They were interviewing her on the Today show and asking her how she liked having her leg amputated. She said she was alright, there were lots of people doing much worse than her.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's the winter blues, we've all been there. It's easy to get down and will take a little effort to get back up.

Take a day off, spend some time away, do something you enjoy, spend some time with your friends, just relax.

It won't be long before the warm weather will be here and you'll be busy wishing for slow times like this.

Hang in there!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
truckmount girl said:
Schedule a day off and go somewhere fun and relaxing with the hubby. if that's not possible, just schedule a honeymoon evening...it doesn't solve anything but it can sure turn around a bad attitude!

Take care,
Lisa

aaaaah, some how I don't think they will be going with "the hubby". :roll:

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
[quote="truckmount girl":uz36u7hd]Schedule a day off and go somewhere fun and relaxing with the hubby. if that's not possible, just schedule a honeymoon evening...it doesn't solve anything but it can sure turn around a bad attitude!

Take care,
Lisa

aaaaah, some how I don't think they will be going with "the hubby". :roll:[/quote:uz36u7hd]

Weren't you wearing the same hat at Myteefest, that was in Broke Back Mountain? :twisted:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-shocked019.gif

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Ron Werner said:
[quote="truckmount girl":2hfwohup]Schedule a day off and go somewhere fun and relaxing with the hubby. if that's not possible, just schedule a honeymoon evening...it doesn't solve anything but it can sure turn around a bad attitude!

Take care,
Lisa

aaaaah, some how I don't think they will be going with "the hubby". :roll:[/quote:2hfwohup]

the question was what do YOU do. I assumed they could make the gender flip in their own situation...if it applies.

take care,
Lisa

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Art Kelley said:
rhino1 said:

I think of that pretty college giirl who was doing missionary work in Haiti. They were interviewing her on the Today show and asking her how she liked having her leg amputated. She said she was alright, there were lots of people doing much worse than her.

Thanks for that little ray of sunshine.

Name
I'm Rick James
rhino1 said:

Is it really temporary or you really not happy about what you have created?

You know you can change all that, it all starts with a single thought. If you want to think about the negative, you will manifest it right in front of you, everyday and get stuck in the perpetual cycle that you have created in your mind, which translates into reality.

You should step back and find in your mind what really makes you happy and what you want out of life and it will come true if you think about. Soon you will see those whiney employees and customers as chances for you to step up and be great, you will instead see what chemicals not to buy, how to market with great success without a budget, your TM will no longer be a problem and most of all you will happy with everything.

But all that is up to you and not someone else. Once you understand you are everything in the reality you have created, only then can you trasform your reality into what you want it to be....

So ask yourself what you want it to be.

Bob Foster

A break from work for me is volunteer work. It's meaningful, fills up my karma bucket, and totally takes my mind off work or this place.

Lora Olson

I'm trying to get John to take me to Hawaii in May (for his birthday)...that's our "calm" before the storm of the summer "crazy" season for us.

Any help in convincing him would be appreciated!! :lol:

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
All I have to do is think back to 1997 when I had a real job making $8.30 an hour working 70 hours a week and I begin to smile!

I do get burned out a little in the busy months, but nothing that a day off at the water park with my family won't cure.

Name
Nate W.
Lora Olson said:
I'm trying to get John to take me to Hawaii in May (for his birthday)...that's our "calm" before the storm of the summer "crazy" season for us.

Any help in convincing him would be appreciated!! :lol:

:lol:

Want to come back so soon??? I'll never leave!!!!!!!!! shiteatinggrin

RIP IT

Name
Chris
take up golf and I can promise you sooner or later you'll have a day ( like I did last Wednesday ) where you'll play that phucked you'll invent new swear words and turn a crazy shade of red/purple as you throw your :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: FAAAARRRKKKKKING :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: sand wedge that it'll make you want to go back to work..............

almost.

failing that.
shoot something

Carpetmuncher

Here's a little poem I have above my desk for times like you are having.

Don't Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and its turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When they might have won, had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit!

nevergiveup.jpg

Carpetmuncher. shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom