What unknown factual nugget did you wish you hade figured out by the end of your 1st year in biz?

Name
Jeff T
There’s a hybrid version of that opinion

Both markets have sweet spots
There’s a hybrid version of that opinion

Both markets have sweet spots
Youre correct Fred.
In my experience, I’d rather work 8-10 hrs , and make 2500-4000$, than work the same for half the money.... can you guess which is which????
I know you do well, BUT, without the investments, what would you concentrate on?

Mikey P

Administrator
I wish i knew the chemistry. It took me 3 years before I found the IICRC
IMG_20190929_105730.jpg

Reactions: Papa John

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
"What unknown factual nugget did you wish you hade figured out by the end of your 1st year in biz?"

What to charge for my services.

I went to several IICUC classes right off the bat in 1984 to learn proper methods and techniques and become certified in several areas.

scotty747

IICRC didn't teach how to clean carpet. It was all chemistry and carpet stuff. '
Marketing.
Little things. They sometimes matter most to customers.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I thought the Mighty Steamway UltraMatic portable was the shitz my first year! Along with the generator in the van, the little giant heater in the van, leaving the porty in the van like I had some mean truckmount, I had a TM before that year was up. A Steamway Mastermatic, I was the shitz!

And the cruel realization that heaters in the van at 0* was not fun. I did forget the Little Giant one 10* night before I had heaters. Expensive mistake.

Back
Top Bottom