what uph tool do you use, what one would you love to have??

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am going to order my new wand from greenie along with the large hose kit, the 2-2/1 dual to 2". i know what i want with that and have my stair tool all under control. i have been thinking the dri master??
what do you guys that have them think..my problem know is the butler uph tool will not get hot, i guess there is not enough flow to keep the water hot but i dont want to soak the furniture ether...
thanks
dave

Glynn

The DriMaster uph tool is a fantastic tool, if you can be bothered to spend the time getting used to it and how its supposed to be used. Alternativly get a Prochem TM uph tool and put a baby GreenGlide on it, together with 4 x 5 mm holes in the rear upper lip above the glide and you have an excellent uph tool.

Rex Tyus

I originally bought the drimaster for high risk fabrics. The more I used it the more I like it. It is pretty much the only tool I use on upholstery now.

Many have posted about the prochem tool with A glide. That will probably be the next toy I buy. I have an old Bane Clene Stair tool with a holed glide it is amazing how much better that tool performs with the holed glide.
I mention the bane stair tool to say if the glide on an upholstery tool improves performance as much as on that stair tool I have to have one.

Rex

Becker

Name
Becker
Hydramaster tool.

I bought right after it came out.

I really like it. Like all tools it does not do a great job on everything, but it does a great job on most.

I've worn out a few spray heads on it. But I've made a hell of a lot of money with it, and it has saved my hand greatly.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
An upholstery tool is a very subjective and personal choice. What one guy loves, another thinks is trash. I HIGHLY suggest you contact your local distributor and see if you can demo a few tools for a couple days before I made a final decision.

Personally, I loved the PMF internal jet tool. But that is just me. Some favorites in general:

Prochem (also known as the 4" Butler) w/glide & holes drilled.
PMF internal jet with 10' of hide-a-hose
KleenRite with glide
Steamway Hydro-kinetic
Dri-Master

All have their advantages and disadvantages. Use before you buy!

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hydry-deluxe.jpg

This is the one I have except I don't have the internal high pressure hose

best UPH tool IMO not plastic .good scrubbing action and cost about 1/4 of the dri master

Attachments

• hydry-deluxe.jpg
    hydry-deluxe.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 185

Greenie

Dave just upsize the jet flow in your Butler/Prochem handtool, (at least double) Then do as Glynn suggest, since He invented the "baby glide", you would trip out how well this tool cleans and dries with the mods. Take note of the "relief" holes he says to drill in the back of the tool, the holes catch the overspray from the external jet.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Greenie said:
Dave just upsize the jet flow in your Butler/Prochem handtool, (at least double) Then do as Glynn suggest, since He invented the "baby glide", you would trip out how well this tool cleans and dries with the mods. Take note of the "relief" holes he says to drill in the back of the tool, the holes catch the overspray from the external jet.

i already have your glide on it and love it except that it will not keet the water hot, not enough flow..when i order all my toys from you early this week i will get some jets for it as well....oh and when i order my wand with the glide will you put the glide on it for me and seal it all up nice and pretty?
thanks and i will talk to ya soon....alslo thanks for all the info from everyone. if i cant make the butler what i want i will start exploring more.
dave

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Glynn said:
The DriMaster uph tool is a fantastic tool, if you can be bothered to spend the time getting used to it and how its supposed to be used. Alternativly get a Prochem TM uph tool and put a baby GreenGlide on it, together with 4 x 5 mm holes in the rear upper lip above the glide and you have an excellent uph tool.

glynn any chance you can shoot me a email of the tool with the mods on it, or post them up. when i put the glide on it a few months ago i was really starting to like it...if i can just keep the water hot while cleaning..
thanks
dave

Greenie

This is the very first one I ever did, if I did one today the holes would be a bit bigger (3/16") and I would only have 4 of them, evenly spaced, it's all you need.

And as I learned from Mikey, and thee monster V , drill them a bit higher well above the glide.

So if you have some really LOOSE fabric it won't tend to get sucked against the holes with each pass, I'd probably put them 1/2" from the steel lip, about where that "seam" is on the tool.

I expect to see this on Joe's next email spam as his newest upgrade.

PC4UTreliefholes1.jpg

Attachments

• PC4UTreliefholes1.jpg
    PC4UTreliefholes1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 154

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I recently received the brand new design Hydrokinetic upholstery tool from Steam Way. I used it twice so far and it performed beautifully.

It is still easy to use, has a larger cleaning surface, a snap on face plate to easily get to the jet, the face plate is not metal so you won't mar wood or metal trim of furniture, a wider vac chamber that allows upholstery to fit into it more easily, continues to have the quick drying gentile holed vacuum technology and sharp shearing angle along with a number 3 fan jet at 400 psi, easily cleans in both directions, and it has a new valve that works (the old ones used to be fine until the manufacturer changed something which made them fail prematurely). The color is black, so it won't show the scuffs or soil like the white did.

The upholstery tool that changed the industry over twenty years ago, and has since been the standard whereby all other tools are judged, just got even better. I can't imagine not having one.

Steam Way is donating a brand new Hydrokinetic tool at Mikefest to be raffled off. Somebody is going to be one happy camper!

Loren

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Mikey P said:
Jim Pemberton is sending out the new version of the DriMaster for us to play with @ MF..

If I were you I would hold off on buying the old unit.

Did the new Dri-Master make it to MF? Did anyone get to try it? Any pics?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom