What was the vacuum outcome at MF

Mikey P

Administrator
It's like I've been saying for years now Steve.

I'm the best cleaner here.

MY Sanitiare 887 came in first and MY Bissell ClearView came in second.
Both removed more dry soil in the testing

The Dyson, Lindhaus, Hoover Conquest and A few others were trailing along.

And no, it was not rigged.

I had nothing to do with the testing.

Steve1

DAMN, not the answer I wanted to hear, I sure was looking at the lindhaus.
I'm just looking for something with built in attachments and with the extension wand always connected so you can quickly pull and edge and replace and continue vac'n.

Thanx Mike

Mikey P

Administrator
I ran it for a couple of weeks.

Very well built, lots of cool features but the brush does not get into the pile enough to loosen dirt and groom and over filtration, while tidy, kills the vac's potential.

Great Vac for an anal retentive home owner how never lets her stuff get too dirty.

Very quite too.

Greenie

I think the $59 bissel actually out vac'd the Sani on round two, but the Canooks were in charge, so we'll see on the DVD.

I owe the bissel recommendation to Meat from several years ago, back when everyone was touting the clown colored dyson, we bought two bissels and never regretted it.

Greenie

try it...it's out on the truck right now.

I gave it to Dan Laurie to run on his pro-1200, can't pry it from his arthritic fingers!

Since we sold the TM, we use Dan for a lot of product testing, he's got a couple of other gizmos too.

JohnnyV

Hey Mike, Where'd you get the Turbo Cat? I like my Sharp but you mentioned it to me before.

JohnnyV

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
For you fellas that use the Bissel, is it a pain to maintain? I want something that has a large capacity(don't like emptying the cup after every room) and doesn't get plugged easily if a piece of paper gets sucked up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shane, if it's pulling lots of hair, you have to empty the dust cup often.

In homes with animals, it's not unusual for me to empty the cup several times (at least).
If you don't empty it often, hair gets wrapped up in the cyclonic wind thingy and stuff doesn't drop into the cup.
It's an easy clearing, but empty the cup often, and it's not a prob.
I've never clogged the tube on ours.

In homes that aren't well maintained, you'll fill the cup often too.

You'd be doing the same on any other vac too "IF" they were picking up as much.
But they don't. That's why you don't have to empty them as much.

Unless you're a hepa filter freak, buy the cheapest baggless model Bissel makes.
It looks like the Cleanview in the pic, but has less filters and are easier to clean.
It's called the Bissel Powerforce baggless.

They cost $49 bucks here at Wally-world.
We've been ABUSING them in the rehabs and empties for years.
Never more than a $49 dollar repair bill either (the price of a new one).
Or when it gets beat up and ugly to use in a res, pitch it or use it in the rat holes and buy a new one

Paint it circus clown colors if you want to impress your friends and neighbors and be "trendy" with the "in" crowd...

or just use it as it is and be about the business of removing more dry soil than the others at 1/10 of the cost

..L.T.A.

The Preacher

i have a Bissell at home and love it. i use a Powr Flite Light (PF-61) on my truck, it pile lifts like no other.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i found my Bissel had more agitation but less suction than my Dyson. i can see the Bissel would pull up more stuff. so if your one of the few who are concerned about the Dyson abraiding tuft bundles, be scared of the Bissel :shock:

but it don't bother me.

Shane, one of the things the Bissel has is a small dirt-dup. not that the Dyson's is huge, but i think it is bigger than the Biss.

thanx --- Derek.

Steve1

I just can not go into the customers home with a wally world vac. Any other suggestions, maybe powr-flite

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've bought just about every recommended vacuum cleaner that has ever hit BB discussion over the years, and I have ALWAYS said that it was useless to pay big money for a vac. Until I got my Dyson (at a discount from Steve Smiff), I was using the Walmart Bissell. I always said it vacuumed just as good as my Dyson, Rainbow, Kirby, Powerflite, Oreck and Hoover vacuums. The only reason I kept the Dyson is not because it vacuums so well (it DOES vac. well), but because it was different enough to offer some sizzle to my vacuuming in the customers eyes. However, now the Dyson is common, and nothing to talk about. So, I'm thinking I am going to purchase a back pack vacuum cleaner. I don't really care that it might not actually vacuum well (it doesn't even have a brush roller). All I care about it that sizzle I was talking about.

You folks do know that you have to look professional, don't you?

Just how professional do you really think you look when you are using a $59 Walmart vacuum cleaner?

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I use the Bissell Cleanview, when a customer sees it they think its an expensive "professional"vacuum, (I never mention the cost of the unit) even if they knew the price they are blown away when I show them the filled canister after they had just vacuumed.

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
Pile lifters do exactly that.......lift the pile. I own one and have found that although they are great for digging impacted dirt out of the carpet, they don't seem to pick it up very well. We vacuum afterwards with a Hoover Wind Tunnel :)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"which is the right bissel to get??"

The cheapest one, Steve.

Bissel baggless Powerforce.

trust me. I'm the guy who turned these gUrus on to Bissels 4 years ago

Cleanview would be my second choice.

CV II would be my third

My CV Revolution you can have.
I don't like it and will never buy another one.

I own and we abuse all of them.

Cleanr 1;
"Yes Ma'am, this vac will pull more soil and animal hair than any other.
I recommend you buy one for every floor of your home"

Cleanr 2;
No Ma'am, this vac ain't sheet and I know it.
But you don't have one like this.
You see, I'm just going through the motions to impress you is all.
I'm really not concerned about removing as much dry soil as i could be with a better vac.
I just want to look good pretending I'm giving my best.

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Same as Paul.
Pile lifters are NOT great vacs.
Great at digging out impacted soil, but we follow vac as well

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Marty, are you going to use Jasper's ICS (or Cleanfax) mag advice on BPV's to WOW the client? then talk them into upholstery and mattress cleaning via BPV demo's?

thanx --- Derek.

G

Mardy, if you're wearing any type of ball cap with mesh or plastic on the back of it, how professional do you think that looks???

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Well I said for years that I would never spend more than $200 on a vacuum but I did earlier this week before the results from MikeFest and subsequent chatter here the last couple of days. I won't use a bag vac (they smell) and I like to have quick access to the hose for edge vacuuming so that ruled out many of the "professional models". A local department store was having a sale on the Dyson and I had a coupon for an additional 30% off so I got the DC17 for $385. I've used it for a couple of days and am quite impressed. Not too heavy, easy to maneuver and so far convenient to empty and clean out. I'll try and remember to post my thoughts after a couple of months.

ron markam

Gotta agree with Mike on this one the Sanitaire 887 is it for me. I like to see whats coming up and it allows me to. Kirby salesman made a call on my house and my daughter let him in to do a demo for her and my wife. He put his new kirby up against my 4 or 5 year old 887.No contest he quickly put the kirby back in his truck.

Al

I have no problem going in with the Bissell, my clients know we have top quality equipment, we simply explain that the Bissell blew away other vac's in our testing and it's the best bang for their buck.

The tech in charge of the truck cleans the vac's each day, blow them out with air and wipe them down like they were 500. dollar vac's.
They never smell bad that way and always look presentable.

Al

My other vac's a Sanitaire

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ron markam said:
Gotta agree with Mike on this one the Sanitaire 887 is it for me.

I hear you Ron.
I like and have used the Eureka/Sanitare design too.

My biggest knock on them is no easy hose attachment to vac with.
The other stinker to me was, they don't gobble chunks well.
Don't know how many times I've had the belt stall on some kind of junk and had to stop and clear it.
(or worse, some of the knucklehead laborers I've used over the years vaccing away and not having a clue what the burning rubber smell is)

"Gee boss, I wondered what that smell was and why it wasn't picking up so well"

They were fine for the condo hallways we dusted and vacced every week, but they were too much hassle in the empties with the kind of debris we encounter.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom