What would you charge for this service?

Name
Jesse
I've got 18 Abaca rugs that are all 13x20. I need to quote the following services but I'm sorta unsure what a fair price is. THe services will be performed in my shop.

Application of a fire retardant to the face fibers. I'm planning on using Unsmoke Unflame.
Application of a clear latex to the backing. Brushed on in a thin coat.

Thanks.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
run away... far far far away... here in lies the problem... abaca.. equals bananna fibers.. if they are abaca rugs.. cellulosic fibers kinda of like sisal sea grass. Your unsmoke while slightly acidic is water based and as it reads, fire resistance is increased by the more thorough an application. Even in an extremely summer day, I don't really see this going well. A quality latex like parabond will cost you about $60.00 a gallong,, For relatexing we charge about $5 sqft. At a thin coat, prolly $3.00/sqft. For the hassle in appyling your unsmoke, and hoping to holy hell you don't discolor, brown, or destroy the rugs.. prolly $5.00/ sqft.. and make sure you get an insurance rider for all of those rugs.

That's not being assholish.. thats just covering your ask. and if you want to pur your ask on the line, then they need to pay enough to make the risk worthwhile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom