What would you charge for this?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I've been working on raising my prices including what I charge for treating heavy soil. I don't do alot of real nasties but I did come across a home today that was in pretty bad shape! The pic below is a section of one of the rooms, the total Sq Ft of carpet I cleaned was about 770 Sq ft. There were 4 rooms & hall and it all looked like the picture below with lots of urine. Just wondering approximately what some of you guys would charge for a job like this. Just curious cause I dont come across to many homes where the whole place is in this bad of shape.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the same section after cleaning with Quake boosted w/Citrus Solv and my 360i. First time using Quake, I had some sitting in my truck for about a year. Seemed liked it works pretty well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Name
Lee Stockwell
Typical day's work.

Actually it doesn't take me much longer to clean a rat nasty than a moderately dirty carpet...about 500sf/hr.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Looks exactly like one of my regular jobs. Hospital bed and same style carpet and soil load.

I don’t charge more for heavy soil. The reason is I want to set myself apart from the bait a switch companies who charge extra for of the prescrub. The other reason is that you’re not going to have a happy customer if you charge a premium price on a rat nasty and don’t knock it out of the park. A heavily soiled polyester might not be fully restored.
I do charge more for urine and set reasonable expectations as to the extent the stain / odor will be removed.

Name
R.J. Povio
I bet that place still stinks....I know if I cleaned that it would stink the next day...no way if all those spots are piss that you get the smell out! You might have luck by pulling the pad and rinsing and treating the backing. With that many spots I am sure the dog is still going to make it look like that in 6 months or sooner! Ive had luck getting the spots out when carpets are spotted like the pictures....but the smell not so much. The custy of that house didn't want the odor treatment, because they can't smell the urine. They are used to it! As long as they are happy thats all that matters. I will sometimes charge 25-50 bucks extra depending on how hard the spots come out. If they wash out I just charge normal rates.

Great job by the way!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do charge more for nasty carpets. If I bring my car into be detailed and it is in terrible condition I expect to pay more and do get charge more. If you charge this customer the same as a carpet in decent shape and it took you less time the maybe the client who calls ontime is paying to much. You spent more time and used a $3000. tool!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we charge additional for salvage/restoration rags

Not sure that one would qualify though as salvage (she didn't want odor probs addressed)
so we'd of just nuke'd it with a sledgehammer boosted with sodium perc and clean as normal

and would of expected pretty much the same results you got, cause those ones looked like "easy" urine spots to make disappear

..L.T.A.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
shit damb hell I want your area where you feel you can effectively raise your prices!

Like some, I charge the same and plow forward. Qualify it, check their true understanding
of what I'm qualifying, over deliver, toot my horn and drive away with the check. But seriously,
if you can raise your price in this economy DO IT.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
I bet that place still stinks....I know if I cleaned that it would stink the next day...no way if all those spots are piss that you get the smell out! You might have luck by pulling the pad and rinsing and treating the backing. With that many spots I am sure the dog is still going to make it look like that in 6 months or sooner! Ive had luck getting the spots out when carpets are spotted like the pictures....but the smell not so much. The custy of that house didn't want the odor treatment, because they can't smell the urine. They are used to it! As long as they are happy thats all that matters. I will sometimes charge 25-50 bucks extra depending on how hard the spots come out. If they wash out I just charge normal rates.

Great job by the way!

Thanks Richard. Your absolutely right about the customers in this home being use to the smell. I wasnt suprised when they didnt want pet odor treatment. Plus if their gonna continue to let their animals piss allover like this than whats the point.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
shit damb hell I want your area where you feel you can effectively raise your prices!

Like some, I charge the same and plow forward. Qualify it, check their true understanding
of what I'm qualifying, over deliver, toot my horn and drive away with the check. But seriously,
if you can raise your price in this economy DO IT.

Well I was real hesitant but I have employees now so I needed to charge more. I raised my prices about a month ago and so far so good. We've been busy and making more money per job. I'm still tinkering with my price structure though, thats why I posted this. Hoping to get some ideas on how some of you price these jobs (which I consider to be a nasty).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom