What Would You Do?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
A supplier phoned and said I hadn't paid a bill from september. Now I don't have an account there, so I got a little pissed. The arse that does this work has phoned me 7 times in the last week. Yesterday , my book keeper found the invoice with a cash receipt on it. I had to pay her a half an hour to dig it up. Now they want to "see it". I'm going there and it ain't gonna be pretty , but I'm going to leave an invoice for my time , my bookies time and raise shit.

What would you do?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would kick yourself in the arse for it taking you more than 5 minutes of YOUR OWN DAMN TIME to find it yourself and scan or fax it to the supplier to show them.

Stuff happens, learn from it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kick yourself in the ass for paying cash! :p

A check would have been an easy click of Quickbooks.

Yes I'd be a little pissed for the wasted time proving them wrong. :x

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I would provide the receipt. Unless it turned out that there was a dishonest employee that pocketed the cash and "lost" the invoice, I would then find a new supplier. I like to have trust in my relationships and not hassled 7 times in one week.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
steve said:
I would go up there and stomp his a$$.

Ken Snow said:
I would kick yourself in the arse for it taking you more than 5 minutes of YOUR OWN DAMN TIME to find it yourself and scan or fax it to the supplier to show them.
Stuff happens, learn from it.

Both Ken and Steve have good ideas. You could fax him the receipt and stomp his ass at a later more convenient time.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I stomped ass in person.It wasn't pretty, but I got my point across about incompetence and wasting my time. They ALWAYS charge me for their time so why the fusck should mine because of incompetence be free? And it was the rude asshole on the phone who gave me a 2 day ultimatum - bring it in or it goes to collections. For $63 you shit on an ALWAYS cash paying customer? I left an invoice behind for $75. Let's see if they pay on time.

Name
I'm Rick James
Maybe you should of called him back one of the seven times he called you. A simple conversation could have solved this issue before both parties came off looking bad.

my 2 pennies

Becker

Name
Becker
Bookkeeper?

Aren't you the one that keeps his schedule on a Lieutenant Columbo notepad?

1/2 and hour to find a sale?

I'm guessing judging by the way you keep schedule, I'm guessing that book keeping is a shoe box under the desk.

Why is your business so complex that you have a bookkeeper?
And why are you paying cash at a supplier? Won't they take your check?

I might be wrong.. Perhaps you have a fleet on the road now with reception, shop/maintenance guy, sales..

All that being said, was to Les? ( joking )

stomped ass in person.
BTW, how much more time did you waste going down in person?

Myself, I would have located sale on QB, confirmed payment method.
Check I would have copied the cleared check via online banking and emailed over information.

Would have been a PITA.. But it would have taken me 1/4 a beer between posts here on MB..

Mike Draper

I had a doctor call me about 2 years after I visited his office. Said somehow I never paid for the rest of the bill and they missed it. Within 30 seconds I was able to pull up the 3 payments I made to them and the dates they cashed the checks. Went to my file cabinets and pulled out the "paid in full final invoice" and then scanned and emailed a copy. Must have taken 4 minutes. It pays to be organized. You need a better secretary! 8)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i would have kicked ass....

maybe it woulda taken me 30 mins or 5....non the less, screw that email or faxing it...take it in person and get a piece of flesh.....more so when they give an ultimatium

I did that once on a water bill, when we moved...dicks never took it off and had to "shut it off" like me not paying...i told them to eat ass.....went to collections....some douche there got into me about its only the cost of taking the family out to eat...told him i dont give damn its the principle...went down there and ripped hell into the manager of the collection place ( a cop happen to be there for something to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) after my 10 minute rant...he said they would right it off...

it was only $30...but F that shit.....i told you i was moving and to disconnect....

Becker

Name
Becker
bob vawter said:
a shoe box under the desk.
Hey Dink...
did ya hear that?

No comment, means I was right on target.
Bookkeeper means he put on this hat and started to dig..
resize

All great and dandy if you still have the receipt!! WHat happens when you somehow lost/cant find the invoice and it was their screw up?!...Preetty fooked up, if ya ask me.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
All my book keeping is manual.And I DON'T keep my receipts in a shoe box. I use a plastic grocery bag.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom