What would you use?--chemical

WISE

Of course I meant "cleaning agent" in the subject line. :)

Portable Access Only. 26K sf wool--mostly wide open areas.

I plan to use my Cimex and FP pads to put down chemical and my G Glided Steamin Demon XL20 to extract.

We have cleaned this several times this year. Encap'd with Releasit--great results. Extracted some areas with Zone Perfect, great results. Now we need to HWE all of it.

What cleaning agent would you use with the above system?

I have plenty of Releasit on hand as well as Zone Perfect. These two I have used on it before and know they did not create any issues with the wool carpet to be cleaned.

Thanks in advance--

WISE

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you need to HWE and Zone Perfect worked, why change? I would suggest Zone Perfect with End Zone as a rinse agent.

Scott Warrington

WISE

Scott--

We got great results with Releasit; and Zone Perfect (we did use End Zone that time as well)--I have also encap'd some of these areas with EncapuClean. It makes no difference to me what we use on it...I just want to get the best result--the chemical cost per square foot is really moot or irrelevant. My thought process on it is...

There has been quite a bit of encap chemical put down throughout the year. Only about 15% of the total area has been extracted (I have had the account for a year, prior to me I have no clue what they were doing, but it took us some time to get it the way I like to see it looking all the time). So two things, if we use Releasit and extract we have the same chemicals going down that are residually there.

And second...if we run a traditional prespray I would want to balance the ph with the rinse...I just got my Steamin Demon and I am not sure how that would work.?

Heck, I overanalyze crap! What effect, if any, would putting Zone Perfect down when there is residual Releasit have? <---Good example of me overthinking! :)

Thoughts, suggestions, criticisms appreciated from all--

WISE

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
My personal experience and testing show that encap products do need to be extracted out every so often. They can build up to a point that they are not as effective. This is true for our encap product and every encap product that I know of.

The volume of water flowing through the carpet with a Steamin' Demon is enough to flush out residual amounts of encap. Encapuguard, Releasit or whatever are water soluble. They will rinse out with extraction cleaning.

Zone Perfect has a moderate pH. Again, lots of water dilutes and tends to neutralize the prespray.

I don't see any problem with use Zone Perfect as a prespray and rinsing with Steamin' Demon. If you wanted an extra margin of safety (insurance) you could mist the carpet with Fab Set as a last step.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom