What you can do to eliminate callbacks.

Mikey P

Administrator
We all run across this situation as carpet cleaners.. Messy pets and Do It Yourself customers creating extra work for us. Pet does it’s duty on the carpet, homeowner does his or her best to clean up mess and ultimately *really does nothing more than force the whole “contamination” deeper into the carpet, backing and ...
The post What you can do to eliminate callbacks. appeared first on .

More...

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
We all run across this situation as carpet cleaners.. Messy pets and Do It Yourself customers creating extra work for us. Pet does it’s duty on the carpet, homeowner does his or her best to clean up mess and ultimately *really does nothing more than force the whole “contamination” deeper into the carpet, backing and ...
You have hidden depths, Mikey. That was very nicely put. You showed an "attitude of care and concern" while also involving your customer in the process.

I gotta say despite your best efforts to appear otherwise, Mikey, you've developed a deep understanding of human nature, ya big lunk!

Steve

PS Now, whadya do when Mrs> Piffleton isn't home to deliver that nice interactive speech to? One way is to develop "Spot and Stain Cards" with the high points of your message above printed on them.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
You think Paula married me for my looks?

Maybe you need to come do a Ride @long with me.
Ask anyone who has, my customers LOVE (the real) me...

Mikey P

Administrator
Your link didn't work btw

We usually make the phone call and explain it to them or leave a brief note and tell them to call us

Name
Steve Lawrence
We don't try to eliminate callbacks. We invite them. My techs tell our clients "if any spot reappears please call us and we'll return free of charge to remove it." Very few call back or abuse the offer.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yeah, mike has a lot of great stuff on referrals, reviews, customer contact.

Guess he doesn't want to be known as a guru, its beneath him .... :icon_razz:

hogjowl

Idiot™
YOUR link, on the main page didn't work either. I clicked on it and it took me to a general spotting chart, instead of the article up above.

Mikey P

Administrator
We don't try to eliminate callbacks. We invite them. My techs tell our clients "if any spot reappears please call us and we'll return free of charge to remove it." Very few call back or abuse the offer.

I suppose. better than leaving them angry but I think you're training them to be pigs. A home/pet owner should know how to properly spot clean their carpet.

My wife many moons ago had a house cleaning service. I got her all of her customers from my jobs. The ones that just wanted her out once a month were the absolute worse. They knew she was coming, eventually, so they would not clean a damn thing themselves, counters, toilets, tubs floors, just let it pile up. By the time she got there it took ten times as long to clean compared to the weekly customers.
She eventually fire those time wasters. People who properly spot the carpet themselves make our time there much quicker. Clawing, RXing, explaining all takes too much time when it can be so easily avoided.

Unless you've found a way to sell on those go-backs I'm not sure why you would want to waste the time Steve. Our days are long and full and even the simplest of returns with driving, time on the phone, spotting etc is going to involve 30 to 40 minutes of time we just don't have. Our chronic spillers are given a 8 oz bottle of Poof. Some need a refill pretty often so after the second or third request we pour 4 ounces in Snake Oil into a gallon jug for refilling. They love it and we reduce the amount of minimum charges jobs.

Which I still have way too many of.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Your link didn't work btw

We usually make the phone call and explain it to them or leave a brief note and tell them to call us
Oops. Sorry. Try this link as it IS a pretty good idea.

Calling the home owner at work (if you have permission and keep it brief) is a good idea. But the "Spot and Stain Card" is another good option too. (Some technicians struggle on their over-the-phone communication skills.)

Steve

PS One "specific thing" we now suggest in SFS is during the initial booking phone call ask permission to call the customer at work on their cell phone. (Most companies don't mind their employee receiving a brief phone call but don't like the business phone lines tied up on personal stuff.)

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I hate the German Shepherd owners whose dog has constant IBS, they love to soak it into the pad.

I usually always have to go to these twice, I always tell them sprinkle baking soda all over the effected areas let dry then scrap excess or wait for me to clean it at that point.

much easier that way, but sub surfacing can help eliminate a second trip too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike Draper

I walk through the house and try to overcome any objections they could possibly have in the future that they dont know they have yet. Bleach spots not coming out, horrible animal messes and wicking issues with that. Ink cartridges and Soda. I try to let them know that well do our best but things can and will come back sometimes. I'm generally am very specific on that depending on the stain, carpet and the client. I'm being truthful when I say we may get 1 or 2 callbacks a year at most. We speed dry everything and that helps as well. I have a 60% retention rate as per service monster.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I agree Mike, qualify qualify qualify, It seems most people already know and have used someone else before.

I love getting things out the other guys didn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I pre inspect, post inspect with client and warn about potential returning stains if they declined our recommendations.

Ron K

I don't get many/if any call backs but how many of you are taking the peroxide approach of the glorious one!
We usually tell folks if there is a wicup(tm), to mist with Vinegar water and blot!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom