What's a good job average and is there a national average?

Name
I'm Rick James
I know this can be a tricky question because each area of the country has their own economical value. Some areas have more money flowing through them and others.. but what is a good average for this industry?

5 years ago I was around the $160 mark, now it hovers around $300 with one van.. I think its totally possible to get that even higher and doing 3 jobs a day.

What services do you offer that yields the highest hourly/job production?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I thought at sfs they said $150 is average, adjusting for local cost of living.
Honestly have no clue.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Last month I was at $213 which I could work on... I usually shoot 1,000 a day but average 850-900.. I also like to look at it hourly(since that's how I pay currently) last week week we did $330 in an hour and 15mins.

It's good to shoot for a good job average, but how many are you going to turned off by the high price to get you there? I prefer consistency as far as work coming in all the time, rather then getting top dollar to clean half the time..

As far as what yeilds the highest return, it's upholstery(unfortunately), tile is a second.

Name
I'm Rick James
I wasn't sure if there was a golden number, like the $100 an hour. Our prices really aren't that high for this area, I would probably say average or so.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
According to Service Monster my average is $274.00. However, I don't think averages matter unless they are weighted against what type of work you are doing. Some doing apartments will have a much lower job average, but many more jobs. My main target is rental houses, I also get about 20% Tile clean and seal ect. While some guys average 6 - 7 jobs a day, I average 2 -3 jobs a day. For me I would much rather make $700 on three jobs then $700 of 6 jobs. My target is about $100 - $125.00 per hour. Then I work backwards on how long the job will take.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
According to Service Monster my average is $274.00. However, I don't think averages matter unless they are weighted against what type of work you are doing. Some doing apartments will have a much lower job average, but many more jobs. My main target is rental houses, I also get about 20% Tile clean and seal ect. While some guys average 6 - 7 jobs a day, I average 2 -3 jobs a day. For me I would much rather make $700 on three jobs then $700 of 6 jobs. My target is about $100 - $125.00 per hour. Then I work backwards on how long the job will take.

I try to shoot for $100 an hour on residential jobs, more on commercial and WD extraction jobs. But I'm not working 8 hours a day, either. Walk ups I quote "at least $100, my minimum". In the rental districts, that usually gets a "I call you" response. I guess many of the renters think I'll just run over and clean their LR for $20.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I know this can be a tricky question because each area of the country has their own economical value. Some areas have more money flowing through them and others.. but what is a good average for this industry?

5 years ago I was around the $160 mark, now it hovers around $300 with one van.. I think its totally possible to get that even higher and doing 3 jobs a day.

What services do you offer that yields the highest hourly/job production?

Not directed at you just a general observation.
Can be a misleading number without knowing the full story...

$500 is a great job average but if a cleaner only has a 100 transactions a year, not soo much.
Now $500 average with 1000 or 3000 transactions would be pretty awesome.

Also gross profit and cost to find these customers matter, again using $500 average sounds great but if your cogs are 60% and marketing costs are $150 per customer.
Well Who Cares!

Everyone states they average $800-$1000 day but full time means 260 days a year, so does that mean everyone is grossing $200-$250k a year?
Average means gross $ divided by total number of jobs, not just the busy days but all transactions.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Friday it was like being fred boyle 343 average today its like being yoakum 95 dollar average my days are better when I'm like fred

Waldo

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Everyone states they average $800-$1000 day but full time means 260 days a year, so does that mean everyone is grossing $200-$250k a year?
Average means gross $ divided by total number of jobs, not just the busy days but all transactions.
LOL Red board figures.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Friday it was like being fred boyle 343 average today its like being yoakum 95 dollar average my days are better when I'm like fred

Waldo

Yea, Wal-DuH, you math wizard. My average is less than my minimum charge. LOL!!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
According to Service Monster
link1.gif
my average is $274.00. However, I don't think averages matter unless they are weighted against what type of work you are doing. Some doing apartments will have a much lower job average, but many more jobs. My main target is rental houses, I also get about 20% Tile clean and seal ect. While some guys average 6 - 7 jobs a day, I average 2 -3 jobs a day. For me I would much rather make $700 on three jobs then $700 of 6 jobs. My target is about $100 - $125.00 per hour. Then I work backwards on how long the job will take.
According to Joe the companies using Service Monster average $265 per job.

He said something along the lines of - Not every customer has that much installed carpet anymore, but if you aren't averaging $235 or more per job you should do a better job of cross selling other services that would bring that average up.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
A few years ago our average was over $340, but in recent years it has dropped, to $300 last year. I find there is less carpet now as people replace with hard floors, so the ticket is a little lower.

Back
Top Bottom