whats better to attend ICE or Experience?

Bjorn

Big Jim and I will be at experience all honesty I might only make the show for a short time and will be playing golf and at the pool most classes at most any event are going to be infomercials regardless if they are free or you have to pay to attend. The speakers are there to fill their own pockets ( cant blame them )

Like any event you will learn more at the bar with real cleaners.

vegas003.jpg

vegas002.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Which show has the best giveaways?

Which show has the toys you want to get your hands on?

Which show isn't diluted with jan san and car waxing supplies?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I know the answer!!!!

I will say I have not attended the other so my answer is one sided.

I like the fact the experience is changing or appearing to change for what looks to be for the better and I attend every year since 2008.

Having the raffle and on top of that winning was great and this year looks to be even bigger. I can truly say I am looking forward to this years show.

I will try to attend ice next year so I will have a better view of all shows.

LET ME ADD AFTER ATTENDING MF LAST YEAR IF I HAD TO PICK ONE SHOW A YEAR TO ATTEND IT WOULD BE MIKEYSFEST WIRHOUT A DOUBT IT IS INCREDIBLE THE TALENT AND OVERALL EXPERIENCE OF THE GUYS WHO ATTEND MIKEYSFEST. If you want a crash course on anything related to our industry, attend a MIKEYSFEST and ask away.

I could of talked to most of the guys there for days, just learning and gathering ideas and concepts to try to implement in my biz.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Last year they were fortunate to have had the Surfaces trade show in town the same week as a lead in. Thus many industry people and customers were already nearby. This year...a miss.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
For residential operators this is a no brainer...

Mikey will have all these tools/equipment for you check out.
Isn't that what guys are always crying about? hands on ....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
ICE is still free isn't it? Go to both! :icon_cool:

I think it really comes down to what you hope to gain from either. Both have speakers, depending on your level of knowledge it may or may not be worth sitting in on a few classes. Trade show? If you're going for the vendors just take a look at who is signed up. I'd bet many are the same.

If its for camaraderie....well the MB gang will be at one of the events.

Actually David, why do you go to these anyway? :winky:

F

FB7777

I like the timing of ICE better, it's difficult to attend Experience the first week of September just when school is back

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I will be at The Experience. That should pretty much settle the discussion.

Mike has been very active working to build up the outside exhibits at The Experience. There will be lots of prizes.

There will be more carpet cleaning and restoration vendors, showing more stuff at The Experience.

The Experience has lower entry cost significantly this year for early registration, but ICE is till cheaper.

ICE will have the car detailing and janitorial folks involved. That can be a plus or a negative depending upon what you want out of the show. The presentations at ICE will be less sales oriented but in the end most who are willing to speak at such events are hoping to gain something and it usually involves selling you something.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
ICE will have the car detailing and janitorial folks involved.
Pretty unrelated to what we do BUT if that's what you're into or want to be into that could be a bonus. ?

I just like the trade shows anyway. I'd go to what ever fits your schedule

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Mikey's help may increase the attendee level at the Experience and bring in some people worth talking with. You'll see some of the most mainstream carpet cleaning related stuff. The Experience will be the only cleaning event hosting the Organo Gold multi-level marketing coffee program! Hard to tell what the seminars will be like (always supposed to be better - next year) but with ARCS involved the rug cleaning information should be worthwhile.

Ice drew 400 people their first year and doubled their show space for this year, pretty bold if they didn't have committments from more vendors. You'd have to keep checking their website to see if the vendors are selling what you're interested in buying - and in bringing in the type of atendee worth spending time talking with.

In either case the cost is low, and the value is most likely in the conversations with other attendees and the vendors. Which will draw more people? Which will draw people that are worth your time?

Don't forget that RIA will have their conference in Vegas in April. More expensive than either of the above to get into, but consistently high-quality presentations (no sales!) and very high knowledge attendees to talk with. Keep your eye on that website as well, since they may expand to include a more cleaning related agenda and vendor list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom