what's better

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm not sure what Kodiak is but I like my parker hose. I don't love it, but I like it...

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Been using goodyear lines since 03, had the same line on one TM from Oct 2003 until this past January, its a machine that keeps the solution so hot you can't even hold the rubber part of the line, and the fittings will 2nd burn you. Haven't had to change any other lines yet, they are all GY, ranging from that set put on in Jan to 4 years old.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have Parker and Tornado. I'd like the blend them actually.
I like the Tornado for its flexibility and heat and pressure limits.
I like the Parker for its smooth outer sfc and better heat retention.

Normally I use the Tornado, just easier to work with. The rough outer sfc wears smooth after a while and is greatly reduced by a silicon spray.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Been running Goodyear on my V since September. So hot is scalds your leg when the line hits it. No problems yet, but of course it's only been 9 months.

I pull all the hose off the reel while cleaning ... that probably helps some.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Been using goodyear lines since 03, had the same line on one TM from Oct 2003 until this past January, its a machine that keeps the solution so hot you can't even hold the rubber part of the line, and the fittings will 2nd burn you.
That's a time bomb! I'd at least buy a new lead line before it actually bursts in the home.

Porkchop.....you'll also be fried bacon soon!

*Seriously keep a good eye on the pressed ends, as they show any signs of fatigue, consider replacement or having them cut off & repressed, if you can find someone still willing to do that.

We've had 5-6 pop in the home and finally gave up on the "Bad-Year" hose.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rctpks said:
We've had 5-6 pop in the home and finally gave up on the "Bad-Year" hose.

us too

I wouldn't hit a dead dog in the azz with steel braid JUNK

Vin, I've never used Tornado or Kodiak.

But if they're anything like Goodyear Inepune, Parker lasts us MUCH longer

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It may happen to me tomorrow, but in the 21 years I've been in business, I have never had a Goodyear hose pop on me. Now that may be because up until this year I was running TCS units that got about hot enough to melt butter (in the sun, on a good day), but so far, no problems even with the Vortex.

The only problem I have with the Goodyear is the black death, but that's just the first sign for me to replace it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Heat would have a lot to do with it, but wear on the ends too.

We never had one pop on a Butler until they added the extra heat package.

With that Firebreather you have now.......just a matter of time! Be careful, not only can you get burned, but the damage to physical contents and the impression it left about us, is what made us switch.

I love the Goodyear hose for it's flexibility, but for the black eye it gives us, it's not worth the risk!

hogjowl

Idiot™
The one thing I HAVE noticed since getting the Vortex is the Goodyear hose often times leaves a distinct line in the carpet that I hope vacuums out over time.

And it's NOT melted carpet like it looks.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
admiralclean said:
The one thing I HAVE noticed since getting the Vortex is the Goodyear hose often times leaves a distinct line in the carpet that I hope vacuums out over time.

And it's NOT melted carpet like it looks.

No, my guess is it actually slightly shrunk the carpet fibers from the intense heat of the line laying in one spot.
I left some heat lines in a soft cut pile 18 months ago with goodyear hose. Tried everything to make them better. They were still there a week ago when I recleaned. No more goodyear hose inside a home for me. I even leave them with the Parflex hose once in a while due to that pimply texture digging in the carpet. So it's back to Synflex hose for me with that super smooth slippery cover.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
With parker you do get way less snake lines, but when you do I find you have to steam them out with the wand.

I have never tried tornado, but will never use goodyear again for all the above reasons. I use parker and like it, but you will have to cut off a few feet close to the truck every 6 to 8 months if you have a fire breather.

The Parker store here will do it for free if you buy fittings from them and their crimping machine is far more reliable than what your usual CC store has.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom