Whats going on with Steamway?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Anybody got any updated info on Steamway? I know they are in bankruptcy, I saw a advertisment in Cleanfax for a oil fired truckmount, It was my 4100 with a different manufacturer AMP Manufacturing, Anybody know this company?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
some who used to work for Steamway, started this company from what I heard. They are making machines in steamways building as well.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Doug D said:
some who used to work for Steamway, started this company from what I heard. They are making machines in steamways building as well.

Wouldn't they have to pay for the patent or something?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
everfresh1 said:
Doug D said:

Wouldn't they have to pay for the patent or something?

don't know anything about that. Just heard that they were making machines and in steamways building. Not saying that it is true or not either. Just heard is all.

Greenie

How do you patent a engine, a blower and a boiler?

Some call it a 4100 I call it a hotwater pressure washer with a vacuum.

Shawn Basillian is working with the new company. It's the same guys that built the steamway at the steamway plant. You can get steamway parts through them.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Greenie said:

:shock: How do you patent a automobile? It's just a engine, transmission, radiator. That's a stupid anaology. There are different designs.

The Preacher

everfresh1 said:
Greenie said:

:shock: How do you patent a automobile? It's just a engine, transmission, radiator. That's a stupid anaology. There are different designs.

HOW DAREYOU QUESTION THE GREAT GREENIE!! HE WENT FROM WASHING WINDOWS TO CLEANING WITH HOST/OP MACHINES TO BEING THE TM TRINKET GURU IN RECORD TIME ON THESE BOARDS.

YOU SHOULD BOW IN THE DIRECTION OF SAN JOSE CA 3 TIMES DAILY FOR THE NEXT WEEK AND ORDER 105' OF 2.5" HOSE AND SOME OTHER TRINKETS OR ELSE YOU'LL BE BANISHED TO *** FOR THE REST OF YORE LIFE!!!

Lora Olson

We've already sold one of the AMP machines to a guy who used to own a 2100. He says he LOVES it. Steamway itself is not in bankruptcy (the chemicals anyway). You can always get the same steamway chemicals you loved through any steamway distributor (Daly Intl owns the chems), and yes, Shawn Bisaillion is still very much involved. If you need any info, give him a call!!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Lora Olson said:
We've already sold one of the AMP machines to a guy who used to own a 2100. He says he LOVES it. Steamway itself is not in bankruptcy (the chemicals anyway). You can always get the same steamway chemicals you loved through any steamway distributor (Daly Intl owns the chems), and yes, Shawn Bisaillion is still very much involved. If you need any info, give him a call!!

Is it the same machine as the 4100 I have?

larpy

I use Steamway here in Denver, Co and have seen the new "AMP" machines. They are basically STEAMWAY machines with improvements. Shawn and the crew down there have been a great assistance to me and offer GREAT customer service. If I had not just purchased an El Diablo in 11/2008 I would by the "AMP".

Greenie

I never said I didn't like the machine. it's a simple machine, that is a good thing. I was pointing out the simplicity of the design, and yes for the know it alls it's very difficult to patent a design that will hold up in court, IF you have the funds to even get that far....I promise you, it can be a long hard 5 years.

Dannyboi is funny, not terrribly creative, and a bit boring, but at least he's funny......looking....and he will be in my book.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Greenie said:
I never said I didn't like the machine. it's a simple machine, that is a good thing. I was pointing out the simplicity of the design, and yes for the know it alls it's very difficult to patent a design that will hold up in court, IF you have the funds to even get that far....I promise you, it can be a long hard 5 years.

Dannyboi is funny, not terrribly creative, and a bit boring, but at least he's funny......looking....and he will be in my book.

Thanks for the clarification, Guess I just took it the wrong way, Sorry.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve Smith said:
what are the improvements?

ditto

what improvements?

any pics of these TMs?

not glossy marketing pics of the front of the TM, but pics showing the inside of the unit

as some might know, I LOVE my big loud screaming Powermatic/Legacy
warts/quirks and all...

I'd be very interested in what "improvements" they've made.

start with a flow switch that's reliable at low flow/pressures.
Move on to a water box with a stainless one and a lid/gasket that won't LEAK and dribble while driving down bumpy roads.
Maybe a poly waste tank to replace the aluminum one too

..L.T.A.

DavidVB

How about eliminating all the air leaks at QD's and filters that cause constant pulsations, chemical draw problems. and even heater issues. Plus making sure the engine and blower is properly aligned at the factory so the thing doesn't vibrate itself to ruination.

I loved my 2001. The 3 2100's I had were all so problematic I got rid of them. It wasn't just design problems. They had assembly issues. One unit I bought used oil right from the start. They said the engine would break in. One day I had water issues and when I opened the lid to the water box, I found inches of oil in it. They didn't tighten the fittings on the oil cooler coil in the water box. My list goes on and on.

If I lived in Denver or Zoarsville OH, I would probable still have them. Jeff at SteamWay Express is top shelf but too far away.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DavidVB said:
I loved my 2001. The 3 2100's I had were all so problematic

yes, seems things started going down hill fast when Ralph Bloss was no longer an active part of the operations.
I had many more issues with my Legacy than i did with my 1150 model.
Fortunately, they were minor issues I straightened out myself.
others I know had straight up POS lemons that should of never left the manufacturing floor

[quote:551j3wkd]Jeff at SteamWay Express is top shelf
[/quote:551j3wkd]

Indeed.
I do all my own work on our TM.
I'm pretty familiar with the platform after 13+ years of running one.
When ever I have an issue I can't diagnose, Jeff is my "go to" guy.
he's honest, super knowledgeable and just a plain good dude.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom