What's Important To You?

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
I was looking at that thread about who sells MasterBlend products, and I saw a handful of distributors like me who said they sell them. So, my question is, when you cleaners see multiple people selling the same stuff, what's important to you to ultimately make the decision to buy from one distributor instead of the other? Is it price? Customer service? How quick they can get it to you?

Just thought it was an interesting question to see what you all think.

Oh, and we sell MasterBlend, too

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's not the price, or "convenience". I buy lots of stuff from Cobb, and "convenience" has never been associated with dealing with Cobb.

I buy from whoever I like. Seriously. I like Larry because he's teflon coated and Bob Foster tough. There are some suppliers who post here who talk down about carpet cleaners and their disdain for us is evident in their postings. I do not do business with them.

So, for me it's your bulletin board personality more than your actual business practices that count. I can order from anybody and receive the product in a couple of days.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I try hard to support my local distributor and buy the lion's share of products from him. I do however also buy from the Pemberton's, Jondon & Superior for items that my local distributor doesn't carry. All have provided me with excellent service and I appreciate that! :cool:

This is how I rank the order of importance.

Speed-we have a minimal supply on hand and order when we get low. So while I'm never out, I'm counting on my order to get me restocked

Customer service-I expected great service and I only want to deal with those distributors that provide it. I don't have the time or patience for anything less.

Price-I don't want cheap products or solutions. I want the best and I want it when I need it and I'm willing to pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Someone who values a working relationship. Not just in it for the immediate sale but future orders too.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Nate W.
I try hard to support my local distributor and buy the lion's share of products from him. I do however also buy from the Pemberton's, Jondon & Superior for items that my local distributor doesn't carry. All have provided me with excellent service and I appreciate that! :cool:

This is how I rank the order of importance.

Speed-we have a minimal supply on hand and order when we get low, so while I'm never out but I'm counting on my order to get me restocked

Customer service-I expected great service and I only want to deal with those distributors that provide it. I don't have the time or patience for anything less.

Price-I don't want cheap products or solutions, I want the best and I want it when I need it and I'm willing to pay for it.

You forgot LCS for all your Restoration equipment.........

For me, we have a limited selection from our distributors... I buy what I can, and ship the rest due to supply...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
It's not the price, or "convenience". I buy lots of stuff from Cobb, and "convenience" has never been associated with dealing with Cobb.

I buy from whoever I like. Seriously. I like Larry because he's teflon coated and Bob Foster tough. There are some suppliers who post here who talk down about carpet cleaners and their disdain for us is evident in their postings. I do not do business with them.

So, for me it's your bulletin board personality more than your actual business practices that count. I can order from anybody and receive the product in a couple of days.

I do the opposite and never hold anything against a vendor over what happens on a forum.
Its like a minefield for them...

Local is most important because its easier for us.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
local is always my first choice .
Chems i use she doesn't have, comes from those I trust, like and can count on for no BS
That's Pembertons for ME
Between my local and Pembertons, that's where the bulk of my stuff comes from

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
  1. Got to like them, be local, dependable and offer service for my equipment. Well worth paying a little extra.
If they don't have it locally:
  1. Dependable. Dependable and yes, you guessed it- dependable. Unlike some of the saints here, who buy from a well known MB supplier - If I have to call them back to remind them of my order, and it happens more than the accidental couple of times (we're all human)- Not ordering again. And I don't care how cheap their prices are and how long the guaranteed to never biodegrade, per-fumy smell lasts :winky:

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If I'm planing ahead, I will order from "board" suppliers. If I need something quick(next day) then it's the local disty.

I get everything shipped.

Reactions: Russ T.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Really depends on how fast I may need it for a job. Interlink is 45 minute drive for me and my other local supplier is the biggest joke. I have to need it really bad to drive after it. As far as who I use, 99% of what I get is from suppliers on this board.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i buy from and support, those that support and help me and the biz i run. when i the time i order from superior cleaning solutions in utah. i buy from superior mainly because, john is a friend and i trust him. when we need it now or local we make the 45 minute trek to cobb carpet in dallas, chat with larry and ray(even ike!!!), then pick up what we need. if they don't have it we drive another 30 minutes to jondon only because i trust the main mechanic, mike.

it really does come down to good ole fashion customer service. even though i would like to think that my stuff i order from john over at superior cleaning solutions comes fast because we are friends, that is not the case, he just ships stuff JIMMY JOHNS FAST!!!!!!

1.trust
2.speed
3.convienence
4. price (i aint no dummy, if i can get somewhere else for 30 percent less, guess what i will be getting it from there.)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a company to run......I just want to be 100% sure that when I get it ....it works.........

from that point I could care a less who makes it....who sells it.......or what it cost......
dependability is worth its weight in gold.............

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
For me, my local supplier is 3.5 hours away, but they are very good at getting things shipped and to me the next day when I call.

A lot of items, I have to bring in and stock up.... and then I do share/sell them to local friendlies.

I also order from others that I have met through this board as they have certain items, in my opinion, they represent very well....and I appreciate the opportunity to buy from them. They are sometimes more knowledgeable than others I can purchase from.

The price is not the factor to me when it comes to customer service.

Customer service is probably most important as I hope that is one main reason my clients pick me over other cleaners.

I need to apply the same philosophy to businesses that do the same for me.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
So, my question is, when you cleaners see multiple people selling the same stuff, what's important to you to ultimately make the decision to buy from one distributor instead of the other? Is it price? Customer service? How quick they can get it to you?

Just like the carpet cleaning business, it's the people. If they seem to care you can forgive a few mistakes, if they know their stuff they'll carry products that work, and ultimately they'll help you become more profitable.

Having product on the shelf. If product always has to be ordered from a distant place, you may as well order it direct from the distant place.

I will favor those that support the carpet cleaning industry in some way. Supporting the local cleaning association, attending industry events, providing access to information on a local level. Those are the distributors that show they're "all in" with us, not just running an anonymous supply business with a set profit margin and limited competition.

Al_Paulsen

All things being equal I buy from Gary at Jon Don in Portland. Next day service. Free shipping. Gary is a nice person who is very knowledgeable. Before Gary it was Jerry at Mcdowell. I only deal with one person. One year they sent a card saying they made a donation in my name. I called and said if you want to make a donation go ahead but if it's for me then I wants a box of chocolate. Next day... box of chocolates. I buy my machines from Les. Also nice guy and has the product I want. POG from Larry. Etc.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
the knowledge of the person on the other end of the phone..i wish superior was closer to me..i have NEVER had to over explain my product or part in need and have NEVER gotten the wrong one..

i love my specific chems and will always use them but if i need a part or unspecific item its a no brainer to call superior..it just takes a year to get here and that has nothing to do with them, its
the 4000 miles separating us lol

i will happily spend more money for the knowledge and security that i am getting what i need..if i went to a cheaper place and spent 30 mins on the phone describing it or spent a hr researching
the part number or had them fax it to me and me pick out the right part and call back i have wasted the money i thought i was saving..

john PLEASE open up a shop in jax..there is nothing here!!!

now my chemicals are cobb forever..i have been using powermax and cobb chems for 8 years and can order them from anyone that answers the phone..no knowledge needed lol my guys are so used to using cobbs chems and they trust them to do what they need and have been trained to do..

Reactions: Larry Cobb
Back
Top Bottom