What's the best 2" wand with my requirements?

West

Name
Clint
Ok here's the deal. I have 8 or 9 wands currently. Call it a wand fetish or whatever, I have always been in search of the perfect wand over the years. I have both 1 1/2 and 2" black US Products wands and they just don't do it for me (for sale if anyone is interested), several SS who knows what brand wands, and I currently like the 1 1/2" CMP 12" wand. Want to start permenantly running a 2" wand. I have 2 White Magic Pro1200HV's and have 20" of lift. Air flow is no problem, best machine's I have ever owned.

To the question. I am looking for recommendations on the best 2" wand, with the following requirements:
-Needs to be SS and 2"
-Needs to have the pressure washing style trigger, not the normal traditional style valve
-Needs to have splash guards
-Needs to have inline filters, perferabaly at the spay jets, but putting one at the top of wand would work
-Fewer the jets the better
-I do not need a glide
-price doesn't really matter
-pictures/links would be great, thanks

John Olson

Name
John Olson
West said:
Ok here's the deal. I have 8 or 9 wands currently. Call it a wand fetish or whatever, I have always been in search of the perfect wand over the years. I have both 1 1/2 and 2" black US Products wands and they just don't do it for me (for sale if anyone is interested), several SS who knows what brand wands, and I currently like the 1 1/2" CMP 12" wand. Want to start permenantly running a 2" wand. I have 2 White Magic Pro1200HV's and have 20" of lift. Air flow is no problem, best machine's I have ever owned.

To the question. I am looking for recommendations on the best 2" wand, with the following requirements:
-Needs to be SS and 2"
-Needs to have the pressure washing style trigger, not the normal traditional style valve
-Needs to have splash guards
-Needs to have inline filters, perferabaly at the spay jets, but putting one at the top of wand would work
-Fewer the jets the better
-I do not need a glide
-price doesn't really matter
-pictures/links would be great, thanks

I know you said the fewer the Jets the better but nothing and I mean nothing beats this one. (at least with the Gun on top like you asked for)
http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/servlet/the-515/Titanium-Prochem-Ergonomic-Wand/Detail

Ergo%20Wand.gif

P.S. Money Back Guarantee. You don't like it send it back. Only thing you'll be ot of pocket is the shipping charges. You won't be stuck like you are with the US Products wands. If you want to send me those i'll give you 250 trade in for both of them :)

Name
George Valliant

Changed my mind. I would trade my greenhorn for a Ti-wand w/ orgo grip in a heartbeat!

Tempting John. Very tempting.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought a Big Boy in Vegas in Sept05. Returned it Nov 05. Needs a glide.
I also didn't like the pressure washing handle, just as hard on my wrist as gripping the 2".

I built my own wand from an Big Red wand, made a better handle on it, but the head design was lacking.

I bought a greenhorn 2 yrs ago. It doesn't meet half of your criteria, but you won't find a better performing wand. The combination of the jet angles, jet setup, glide, 2" tubing, airflow design, the "whole package" makes for the best wand I've ever used.
If I could add something it would be a handle on the top of the wand, but it wouldnt be a preswasher gun handle

Greenie

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Changed my mind. I would trade my greenhorn for a Ti-wand w/ orgo grip in a heartbeat!

Just curious George (no pun) have you ever had a chance to clean with the Sears edition ergo Ti wand?

I did, and I must say the standard feathertouch was more nimble, and just comfortable with all things said and done.

The guys I see go for them, usually cut their teeth at Stanley, and it just feels right to them.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i have an ergo and to me it feels stange to operate in the sense that it does not feel natural to clean with but a buddy of mine used it and he thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread.

i guess i am just used to a reg ti that the whole pistol trigger feels odd, i am thinking of selling it.

Name
George Valliant
Changed my mind again... I really like the greenhorrn.

Borrowed a buddy's glided, anti-drip, hiflow Ti once and it was very lightweight. :) But, the jet's didn't sheer the glide like on the Greenhorrn. That sheering action is sweeet!

never used anything SS before. But was thinking an orgo would be good for us old dudes.. After thinking about it. Not sure if i'd like the orgo. I'd have to try it.

Interested in something with a pistol grip.

Name
George Valliant
Changed my mind for the final time.

Used Ron's 24 Flow pimped out Ti wand today and there is no doubt its the best wand I have ever used.

John, you'll be hearing from me!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
George did you run it on his on your machine. how wet did the carpet seem after running 24 flow.

gene

Name
George Valliant
Gene,

I used my old vortex to demo the wand on an actual job.

Did half the living room with my 10 flow greenhorn and other half with Ronnie's 24 flow Ti wand. I'm sold...

The Ti put down noticably more heat, carpet looked slightly cleaner, and felt more dry to the hand. Think the additional heat may have aided in faster dry time and slightly cleaner appearance.

The temp guage at the truck was about 10 degrees lower than usual. Not bad, cuz I was expecting the heat to nose dive.

The Ti was very light weight and comfortable too.

Name
Ron lippold
sorry about that george. I know when a man has his mind made up its not fair to change it. But I just could not let you make that mistake. high flow is the only way to go.

Welcome to the other side :shock:

Name
George Valliant
I agree Ron...

Now to pull off a $1500 hat trick. :-(

Your pimped Ti also has that sweet sheering action I dig so much!

Thank you for the assist yesterday.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
George;

A fair comparison would have been to increase the jet size on your existing wand.

You were comparing 24 flow to 10 flow with a hi capacity TM.

We have the SS jets if you want to try it.

The new TI wand does have a nice grip. Now if it had the original 4 jets . . . .

This is a new top-grip handle utilizing the SS soft touch valve assembly:
10-0750%20Hi-Pres%20Handle_large.jpg

I like it with a whip for operation with both hands.

Larry

R

rotovacguy

Larry Cobb said:
George;

This is a new top-grip handle utilizing the SS soft touch valve assembly:
10-0750%20Hi-Pres%20Handle_large.jpg

I like it with a whip for operation with both hands.

Larry

Is that handle comfortable to hold? It just looks like it wouldn't conform to the palm of your hand too well.

West

Name
Clint
What wand is this? Who makes it? Let's see a picture of the whole thing, 2"?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have one that you can have for cheap only stipulation is that it is NON RETURNABLE. It is made by westpak. $250 plus shipping and you can have it. I think I have a couple of them.

Name
Jesse
Greenie said:
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:

Just curious George (no pun) have you ever had a chance to clean with the Sears edition ergo Ti wand?

I did, and I must say the standard feathertouch was more nimble, and just comfortable with all things said and done.

The guys I see go for them, usually cut their teeth at Stanley, and it just feels right to them.

I agree with Greenie, I chopped my sears wand and had a regular bracket welded on to hold a Feather touch, and I'd do it again.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Clint;

I posted the Black "Gunjet" handle to illustrate ...
that the "soft touch" stainless steel valve can be used even that style of valve mount.

If you want a 2" tube on the wand, then this type of "GunJet" handle keeps your fingers from aching as you reach around the 2" tube.

It can be mounted on nearly any wand.

My preference is a 1.75" diameter tube with the "soft touch" stainless valve mounted under the tube...
and 4 jets for maximum impact:
wand14a.jpg

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom