whats the best commercial grade vacuum

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have been a chepskate and continue to buy cheap domestic grade vacuums and trashing them . I am fed up and willing to spend the xtra cash on a good quality commercial grade vqacuum that will last. I would like one that is strong enough to pick up drywall and splinters that i often encounter in some of my rentals. I would also like one that had a wand to grab cobwebs . what do you guys think the best vacuum is out there that meets my requirements?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Seriously Lee, I'm not asking this trying to be a smart ass. It's just that there is a tendency to offer advice on this board off of hear say. Have you ever, or do you now, actually use one of those German vacuums you recommend, and have you every experienced one sucking up sheet rock debris and splinters of wood?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yep. Had one at Summerfest twice. Sebo. Also a fantom, but it's now made in China.

Had a couple of Orecks that I kept onsite at Vanderbilt Chemical in Murray for years. Decent, but I threw them out after seeing his ads. Replaced with Electrolux (swedish I think).

ps. I hate vacuuming obvious crap that should just be picked up...bolts, coins, and chunks of wood etc. Why are people so lazy?

hogjowl

Idiot™
When Jim Martin and I both agree on something, then it must be right.

Oh my Lord! I just went and priced a Sebo and that thing costs $800!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Lee Stockwell said:
David Oreck can rot in the bottom of one of his vegetable steamers before I get caught using one of his products.
What did he do? My grandpa accuses my grandma of sleeping with him 25 years ago. lol

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Really, we clean 3 of the carpets in the oreck clean home stores, and that powdred they do demos with to clean carpets is a pain in the ass to get out

Name
Lee Stockwell
His tag line used to be "steam your vegetables, DON"T steam your carpets!" complete with bogus pix of ruined soggy carpets. TV ads ran for several years.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
He was trying to sell his product, but in my new oreck manual it says steam cleaning is the only way to clean your carpets, go figure he changed his tune

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have been thinking about a commercial grade upright myself. I use a proteam back pack quite allot for trashed rentals with allot of large debris than put on the turbo attachment to get most of the ground in soil. I’m not saying it takes more soil out then a good upright but, it sure gets clogged up allot less and has a huge bag. I wish someone made a upright with that was as easy to empty as the proteam backpacks.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleartrak.
It'll pick up sheet rock, but just know what size you can and can't. How big a chunk do you want to suck up. You may have to go to a shop vac.

Doesn't get any easier to empty the container than the cleartrak, dump it and go. Doesn't make a mess if you're careful.

Brad_Smith

Sanitaires are toys. I bought the dirt cup one everyone here used to swear by and it only gave me problems. always replacing the belt. the brackets holding the fan cover broke away from the cheap plastic.

Conquest hoover is my favorite. it is heavy though and no attachments. It will pick up most rental junk. coins and chunks of stuff you don't want to know. I do mostly rentals and my conquest is what I use when there is too much debris to pick up by hand or suck up with hose.

Name
jack zerkie
I use a Klobenz basic bag & dust cup no tools just vacum 50 ft cord works well. I purchased local paid to much $ 225. ABC out of Texas $ 165. Simple unit works for me .I think for bulk pick up a shop vac will have the best all around for large things and then the upright. jz.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Lee Stockwell said:
Sebo, Riccar, Miele.

The pattern: all German brands.

Riccar and its twin, Simplicity, are made in St. James, Missouri, USA.

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's the nature of international companies. Another "German brand", Mercedes, is made in Alabama, among other places.

Many brands are gravitating to China.

"Gravitating" is the right word, as the quality goes down....

steve g

Name
steve garrett
sanitare 887, just keep fresh belts on it, I would change them every other day if you use it all the time, 20 days of cleaning a month, that is about 10 belts a month, so 5 bucks a month not much money to have the best working vac made, I think most would agree a sanitare with a fresh belt is tuff to beat.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Lee Stockwell said:
That's the nature of international companies. Another "German brand", Mercedes, is made in Alabama, among other places.

Many brands are gravitating to China.

"Gravitating" is the right word, as the quality goes down....

Riccar and Simplicity are not only AMERICAN-BUILT, but are brands owned by Tacony Corp., a privetly-held AMERICAN CORPORATION.

A major consideration in my purchasing decisions.

Tacony also owns Powr-Flite, a brand with which most of us are familiar.

Read Business Week's article about Riccar kicking German Meile's butt:

http://www.riccar.com/

Name
Lee Stockwell
Tacony has only been making the "new" Riccar in Missouri for a few months. I hope they do well.

I've got a couple of Powr-flite vacs, durable, but clunky IMO.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The owner of my local vac shop sells Riccar, Meile, Sanitaire, Royal, and many more brands. His favorite for commercial is the old Mikey-tat Sanitaire.

The Riccar Vibrance Commercial is $599, and the Meile commercial is $699. He sez the Sanitaire works as well. And it's half the money. He thinks the Sanitaire is still made in the USA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom