What's the best OP pad now?

Name
Lee Stockwell
It's been a few years since I've bought new OP pads. The last batch were mixed results and tore up pretty quickly. I've just been using white towels folded for the occasional use and I'm tired of that.

CCSOP Gladiator or Snakeskins? Or is there something better?

Thanks,
Lee

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Hi Lee... If you're doing primarily residential cut pile carpets I'd go with the Gladiator Pads if you clean more commercial &/or berber I'd get the Snake Skins. I have cleaned cut pile with both and admittedly the Gladiators ran smoother on cut pile. On Commercial it seems the snake skins clean faster as they're more aggressive. Both are avaialble at EncapStore.com.

Tuway also has some nice pads: Tuway Thin Ones (probably the most durable), Speed Trek and Bullseye bonnets are also nice.

Personally, I keep 1-2 thinones per towel bucket and roughly a 80/20 mix of SnakeSkins and Gladiators. That said, I mainly clean commercial carpet. If the carpet is gross, use a Tuway Thinone first and then move to the more absorbant pads in order to get maximum usage out of them.

As far as the wear rate I can say that the Gladiators do out last the Snake Skins slightly but the SnakeSkins are less expensive and are considerably more aggressive. That said both hold up well and are considerably more durable than the old Combo Pads and thin cotton pads.

At any rate, if your pads are shredding it makes me wonder what pad driver you have on your machine...

See you at Mikefest!!!!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
that conqueror machine will tear up most pads

the gladitor gads will make it a little easier to control

I have used a micro fiber bonnet under the conqueror machine and it is ok with that

would be interested in the snake skin pads

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
A few... Most likely I'll bring a few for people to look at. If they want to order after the show there will be a few MikeyFest exclusive offers, pricing & incentives... Got to be at the event to get the deals. See ya there.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've yet to try the Glads or the skins...but will eventually.

I'm liking the superzorbs by HOS and the durpads from Vacaway for different uses.

A

amazingcleansc

ahem i SAID maxi pads, but make sure they have WINGS!

jeez what a tough croud

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom