What's the consensus of opening up a vlm board on MB

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I like the current format where the majority of all activity is at centered in one main room.

Even if a post is eventually moved to another room, it will get more initial exposure in the main room, and can then be followed elsewhere if anyone is interested.

There is also a valuable "check and balance" system in the main room that will aid in keeping any delusions of method grandeur in line with reality.

As an example, as much as I hate to say it, even a Porty Hackin only room would soon be over run by a bunch of retards wondering how many amps they need from a generator to run their 4 vac porty-mount from their van with 200 feet of hose, if not for the Chevez's of the world manning the cattle prod as needed.

The fact that the proportions of HWE/VLM/Porty activity here, in relation to each other, closely mirrors what is found in the industry as a whole is a good indicator that we are on the right track.

Name
Damon
Fred makes a good point that 'cleaning is cleaning' so why partition the discussion? With that said, VLM guys more often than not find themselves on the defensive when it comes to method. Now that's not to say that we don't have instigators that are also pad hacks, we do, but we are sometimes forced to justify ourselves perhaps a little too often. This can be a big morale killer, the conversations digresses and majority consensus takes over.

Also remember that most VLM'ers are a one trick pony and rarely - if ever - reach for a wand, which many find infuriating.

Personally speaking, I think the board would benefit from a VLM room.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
My only issue with the search function is the limit of characters - for instance you can't search for VLM. I realize implementation is problematic - but it seems a lot of the searches I want to do fall into this category, probably due to the generous use of acronyms here....

FredC

Village Idiot
Also finally fixed the buttons on the search dropdown.

hope its all Art Kelley approved :biggrin:

Reactions: Art Kelley

FredC

Village Idiot
Made things bigger for the old folks.
Fixed the annoying black background on member auto complete
added a few sites to the google results tab

Any other search related request or complaints?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom