Whats the difference

Name
I'm Rick James
What's the difference between the water claw and the flashXtractor.

sent while sleeping

Water Claw makes the flashxtractor.. if you get one, get the one that has the spring handle. Be careful if you buy online, I had the craziest time EVER this summer with trying to buy one online.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have both, the flash extractor you will end up cracking, breaking, and replacing the handle, base, and whatever else, it'll be under warranty but you'll have to go thru those things....the original water claw is more $ but worth it in the long run as you won't have to deal w/ the way the flash is.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I like the handle feature on the FlashExtractor because it's easier on your back, and I think I am able to cover larger areas faster staying upright and being able to leverage the handle, but the welds holding the spring to the bar are a weak point. The welds on mine failed and I had to epoxy them. The epoxy has held so far, but I am more conscious and careful when breaking the seal.
I can't see having to bend over every time the tool has to be moved.

Edit:
Just noticed the caw has a model with a handle.
Although twice the price, judging by the pics, the handle connection looks VERY sturdy.

View attachment 3119

http://www.jondon.com/water-claw-sub-surface-flood-extractor-multiple-sizes.html

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry;

While I agree the original water claw is more durable . . .

I think the spotter flash extractor does a better job of removing moisture.

I tested them side-by-side and noticed that the flash extractor design extracted across the entire surface . . .

while the original water claw only extracted around the outside couple of inches.

I am a believer in the new design.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry B

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Water Claw makes the flashxtractor.. if you get one, get the one that has the spring handle. Be careful if you buy online, I had the craziest time EVER this summer with trying to buy one online.
They haven't had the spring for a couple of years. It wasn't spring steel. It would bend and not spring back. Spend the extra money and get the medium water claw if your using it for OSR treatments. I can't prove it but im convinced the plastic cannot handle the chemicals.(flash extractor) The only person that has to warranty thier tool is someone that uses it primarily for urine extraction and he replaces it under warranty every year he is on his 4th one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom