What's up with the big blowers?

Farenheit251

I have a DuaneO 2545 with 80 feet of 2.5.a sticky kunkle and run at 3600 rpm to a Greenhorn wand. I do alot of vacants and on big houses it is getting to be quite a workout even with holes. So many seem to want bigger machines for single wand. Do you get better dry times without making the wand harder to move? I have used bigger machines in the past but not with the high performance upgrades.

Greenie

On a 100' hose run of 2.5 and kunkle, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference of yoru 45 and a Vortex....I got money on it.

Lift can be nearly the same.
and you can only cram so much CFM through a 2" wand.

The devil is in the details, not the 400lb blower.

Mikey P

Administrator
attachment.php

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I miss all the old "how much CFM you get through a wand" posts on ICS.

If you can get 250 CFM at the end of the hose and then run a 2" Greenhorn with a hole glide, you got it made in my opinion, no matter how those CFM are produced.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have had Dual #5 blowers in parallel in the past, but now I have just 1 #5 and with all the knowledge I have acured here
I have turned this #5 in to something my Dual Blower unit never came close too.

Full 4" flow, 16hg relief valve, 2.5 hose from the tank for first 50ft. And the Vac is so intense at 350ft I can barley move an unguided wand.

I was going to start running "4 to the door" then run my 2.5 from that, but I wont be able to move the darned wand until I glide it ( I have a glided wand but its busted )

I'm actually scared to go with a bigger blower :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom