Whats with Google?

Ron K

Trying to get customers to post reviews for our company. Had one today do it, gave a nice review but Google deleted another one which was posted a couple of weeks ago. Why? Also tried to get my customer to review us on Bing but he said he could not find a way to write a review there.
Is there a secret to tell my customers HOW to post? And also is there a way to contact google about this? Mr GOOGLE "Brian" ?????

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
lol @ Lee.

Google's funny and you never can tell what's next.
Did the the person who did the review keep their Google account active? Are they in compliance with Google's policies? Did you competitor flag the review as "inapropriate" ...been there.

Sometimes Google will take down a review only to bring them back up at a later date.
Sign out of our account and check. Use another computer and check.

One little thing that Google doesn't like and the review is toast.

I'll have a look in just a few.

FRED?

That's the name to call. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron, is that a new Google account for you?

You need to fill it up with photos and video. Fill out the Google Places profile for the company 100%.

If it's a new Google account, Google isn't going to let you get away with reviews right away. They will think they're bogus.

Name
Jesse
Google seems to take reviews from different places at different times. One day I have 12 more than another day. It doesn't change all the time, it seems to be sporadic. Just my experience, may have no relation to yours.

Ron K

Brian it"s not a new account but we will fill out 100%. Like I said we Lost the one review when the new one was submitted. This new review wouldn't take a month ago so we had him resubmit and now this. It showed up once then disappeared last time he tried.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Google hasn't scraped any info from other online directories or listings about your comopany yet. This may lead them to believe that you are not a "real" company. That's the "more about this place" after where the reviews are.

Ron, list your company on some online directories, get your friends who have websites to list you for a link to your company if they will do it.
Get your customers to put you on Judys Book, angieslist, Yelp etc.
List your company on places like Carpetcleaning.org and Yp.com, superpages etc.

Googel will find these listings and list them on your Google places (Google Maps) account.
You're reviews might hold then.

There may be something going on with the account of the person who reviews your listing too.
Maybe their account was too new, or never used...maybe they "abused" it and never knew it?
The guidelines are there....but you just never know what little thing might get Google suspicious. Remember, their job is to make sure the info is good for the public.....and they may go a little overboard on this.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Remember, it's not what you tell Google you are...it's what Google finds out you are.

Years ago before I knew how powerful Google was, I didn't even have a website....and they put me on the Google Maps at number 1 without me even trying.

Business Licenses, phone book listings, Ficticious Name Statements....are just some things in the real world that Google uses to find you and see that you are real.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom