Whats Wrong With Single Jet Wands?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Jet has to be so high off the carpet to fill the spray pattern that water loses significant heat. So I'm told.

Name
Lee Stockwell
With 110 degree tip the height has to to be about 7" on a 12" wand. But I think a triangular chamber could be fabricated that would retain the heat.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have always preferred my trusty Hydra Hoe and I've had no complaints. I really don't think a wand is anything but preferential choice. Of course, if you don't want to be considered a hack on this board, you must BE TOLD which wand to use.

Doug Cox said:
I have always preferred my trusty Hydra Hoe and I've had no complaints. I really don't think a wand is anything but preferential choice. Of course, if you don't want to be considered a hack on this board, you must BE TOLD which wand to use.

The highest priced cleaner in my area uses a single jet wand. I would also think a single jet wand would be less likely to streak certain carpets.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The only exception is the Steam Way Wand. It uses a single fully enclosed flood jet that is near the carpet. Cleans like stink in the center of the wand but not as much on the outside, so some overlap is advisable.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Doug Cox said:

I agree, I can't understand the advantages of all those Jets. 6 or even 4 is too many for me. A single jet means only one to get clogged which is less likley because they have larger holes. Also with a single jet you can really hit those old gum spots to soften them up for easy removal with POG :mrgreen:

Ron K

Staemway Wand is the only wand I've ever used it works well for me. I think it's all about what you're comfortable with.

I did see a wand at connections that did have a slot milled into a what looked like a 1/2 inch SS rod welded to the bottom of a wand. Anyone know anything about that?

Mikey P

Administrator
Its not so much the jets that make the 14" Ti wand so great, its the low profile for getting under furniture, the S bend for upright comfort AND getting under furniture and a low profile head can mate up to a 2" tube more airfectivly than a triangle shaped head can to a 1 1/2 tube.

Every single jet wand I ever tried was not ergo for anyone over 6 ft tall.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey P said:
the S bend for upright comfort AND getting under furniture.

Mikey-The only upright comfort you're going to get is from a Straight neck single jet wand. Any other wand is going to be lower than that. I have ways of working around furniture with my Hydra Hoe. And I'm 6' 3".

Mikey P

Administrator
How is that Doug?
I have a extra six inches welded in on the straight section of my Ti wadn

When I tried a Hoe I had to keep my hand almost level with my knee to keep the orrfice level.

I guess Glides probably make it so I could hold it up higher.

Bring your's to M6F so I can give it a try.

Hopefully Jimmy will bring his POS Castex too.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Mikey P said:
Its not so much the jets that make the 14" Ti wand so great, its the low profile for getting under furniture, the S bend for upright comfort AND getting under furniture and a low profile head can mate up to a 2" tube more airfectivly than a triangle shaped head can to a 1 1/2 tube.

How tall are you Mike ? I'm only 6'1 but I can't stand any S bend wand, They just don't feel right for me I've always used a straight single jet wand for the 20 plus years i've been in the buisness before I got on this board I never knew there were so many people who liked those S bend multi jet wands,

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
See- You don't even have a stock wand, so your argument doesn't mean shit. A straight wand will sit higher than a s bend any day.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dont be a dick Doug.

I have a stock 6 jet Ti, a stock Cobb wand and a stock AW29.

All of them are better than a straight wand when it comes to getting under (not around like you put it) furniture and one handed friendliness.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I think you two are both right. The S bend is nice to get under things a ways, but I often could get further under things with my Steam Way straight wand. The reason being that the bend in the S wand makes the upper part of the wand hit the underside of some furniture like a bed, and when that happens, you can't go as deep underneath unless the vacuum slot come up off the carpet. A straight wand will not hang up because it has no bend. Hope I am explaining this so it is understood. A minor trade off.

Name
Nate W.
Loren Egland said:
I think you two are both right. The S bend is nice to get under things a ways, but I often could get further under things with my Steam Way straight wand. The reason being that the bend in the S wand makes the upper part of the wand hit the underside of some furniture like a bed, and when that happens, you can't go as deep underneath unless the vacuum slot come up off the carpet. A straight wand will not hang up because it has no bend. Hope I am explaining this so it is understood. A minor trade off.

Mytee carbon fiber S bend swivel FTW... :lol:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Thermo dynamic transfer plus greater flow. You can only get so much flow to the carpet with a single jet. In order to flow more solution for better flushing on a single jet wand you have to do more wet passes or increae your pressue and thus your chance for texture distortion. Bring those jets closer to the carpet and you loose less heat. And you have several jets covering the same area of a single jet so when you increase the flow size of the jets you get more flow per inch than a standar single jet wand. So if you can effectively increae the amount of cleaning solution and the heat getting through the carpet fibers in a single pass, you can effectively remove more soil quicker. Add to the fact that more jets allows for a wider cleaning head because you can effectively cover a larger area with more jets and the efficiency goes off the chart. When we bought our first truckmount. They let me try out the prochem quadjet and the Hydrahoe, both unglided and stock. No only did the tube feel hotter with the prochem quad jet, but the carpet cleaned with the prochem quad jet with larger air flow also dried faster as well. Now with 2 inch tubing, larger flow and better hose dynamics, flushing is faster and better than ever if you setup your equipment correctly with today's technology.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
single jet wands are broke dick wands, there are soooooooooooooooooo much better designs out now. a single jet wand is 1970's technology, they normally don't come in a double s bend, which makes them uncomfortable, and makes the head very high profile, not fitting under furniture and also places the jets a mile above the carpet. the hydrahoe and the steam genie wand are the 2 most uncomfortable wands I ever used, and I got some time under my belt with each as I was forced to use them when I worked for someone else, the prochem wands are the best in every way, they are heavy duty enough to last, have the best valve in the business and are very comfy to use. they are also the most copied wand design out there.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey P said:
Dont be a dick Doug.

I have a stock 6 jet Ti, a stock Cobb wand and a stock AW29.

All of them are better than a straight wand when it comes to getting under (not around like you put it) furniture and one handed friendliness.

I wasn't meaning to be a dick. You were talking about your stock wand and then you say it is 6 inches longer than stock, so you're not comparing apples to apples. It's amazing I've made it 25 + years using inferior equipment. I had an aw29 wand and it didn't remove water like my hydra hoe and it wasn't easy to move. Its all in what works best for you. Thats all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom