Whats you plan or goals for 2014

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Im trying to get back to my roots which is carpet cleaning. The last quarter of this year I have hit a bump from all the cash flow work and low profit jobs I have took this year to keep busy. My goal for 2014 is to ditch most of the added shit like janitorial, vct maintenance (may still take a strip job if it pays well) and anything else that throws the operation off balance . I relized that the extra stuff only accounted for 35% of my revenue but almost 100 percent of my headaches and my carpet cleaning operation was footing the bill. Will still do some t&g but my focus is back to carpet cleaning. More than likely price point cleaning focused more on commercial and property management as it will be easier to train the help on such work. We only get around 3-5 occupied residential jobs a week in peak season anyhow so I will do those my self. Other goals will be paying down debt and trying not to fill my shop with more gadgets and impulse purchases that drain my wallet although I really really really want a crb and a zipper wand. Oh and I will also tell most national companies to get lost. I want to focus on being profitable this year and becoming more efficient. If my gross sales takes a hit to increase my profit margins so be it. I have better things to do than put un needed depreciation on equipment on jobs that are sucking me dry

Mikey P

Administrator
Help Fred do his magic. We've all but disappeared in some areas yet Yelp keeps us hopping
Hire one or two more tech/helpers
Sell more Commercial
Ride more.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Doing some consistant sales activity will also be a goal even if it just a few hours a week spent doing some optimizing on the computer or stuffing a few envelopes off a mailing list. I tried to cruise off of built up momentum from the summer and wound up losing a couple of commercial accounts going in to winter and it really spanked me........never again will I allow my self to get complacent and act like I am hot shit and unvulnerable. There is always someone out there who is dumb and hungry and will punch his grandma in the eye for a chance to take your work. I I need to be more selective about the on going commercial projects I take too. Some of my problem this year was that the cash flow work I was accepting had a negative impact on my other jobs so I will make sure any new account is a good fit for me rather than accepting jobs just to fill a schedule up

Lonny

Supportive Member
I am going to focus marketing on Carpets rather than Commercial Janitorial. Hoping to have a full schedule by the end of the summer. This year it was just a handful of jobs a week. I would love to see 3 or so a day.
Get a sport touring bike, and RIDE it. Bikes look nice enough in the garage.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Shane did you ever check out ServiceMinder I think it was called.. the one howard and other high end cleaners are using?

Yeah, i like it!
on my list for 2014.

Not high end cleaners necessarily, just a couple of veterans recommended it.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Phasing out our ala carte business model. I have decided to step away from the discount pricing model as the advertising market has shifted and I see a huge opportunity to transform and rebrand our organization. This is a shift we have been gearing up for over the last 2 years.
Thus, I anticipate we will take a 22% dip in our gross revenue next year and a 3% decrease in our net.

Mikey P

Administrator
Phasing out our ala carte business model. I have decided to step away from the discount pricing model as the advertising market has shifted and I see a huge opportunity to transform and rebrand our organization. This is a shift we have been gearing up for over the last 2 years.
Thus, I anticipate we will take a 22% dip in our gross revenue next year and a 3% decrease in our net.

WOW!

Does this mean your subs will now carry Kirby's and 175s in the back of their Datsun B210 hatchbacks?

I would like to offer up my training services for your techs, fly me there or fly them here and in one week's time I'll have the guys who can read with out moving their lips and speak with out any use ebOnics cleaning better than 90% of the owner ops here.

$3000 per chimp with my right to refuse service upon first impressions. We could use Hookup.com or Match.com to weed out the numbnuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg Cole

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm hoping to get 300 small mouth bass into the boat in one day. This year we hit 250 in 5 hours. I think we can do better.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Jon this is one funny, yet often times accurate line. "There is always someone out there who is dumb and hungry and will punch his grandma in the eye for a chance to take your work". Too funny!

Moving forward to 2014, I too will be extremely busy with a couple of projects which we (my local advisory board and a strategist sprinkled here and there) started several months back that will hopefully level the playing field for restorers who are ready to really, really get serious about capturing market share. Only time will tell.

Congratulations on your decision to rid yourself of "verticals" that were causing more pain, than benefit. Here's to an awesome 2014!!!

Thanks

Ivan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom